1. Bad was great for the Joshua Tree tour and I love how its evolved of the years but for me its Elevation shows that had the best version. Bono's call and answer with the audience No! No! No! brought so much energy to that song. I used to think that Edge brought the most to the band and to the shows but after watching this performance, I realized Bono's a contender as well.
  2. You all should check out bad from chile in 98 during the popmart tour,stupidly the band had not played the song for most of that tour and only dusted it off for the last ten or so shows.Its sounds a bit unrehearsed but the passion of the song shines through especially edges guitar,in the video for it you can see Bono is really into it and he is really trying to belt out the high notes but it just isnt happening.However he give a real passionate performance. have to agree chicago version of bad on the 3rd leg of vertigo tour is amazing one of the best ever,Bono truly finds his voice again.
  3. I found this great version of Bad but I don't know the date of the recording. It's a duet with J Shankar and it must have been in Sarajevo but it's not from the Sarajeoshow on 23 september 1997. It has the 'daddy you're a fool to cry'-ending, followed by a long snippet of The First Time, the song ends with the beginning of Bullet the Blue Sky. I think I got it from the CocoaduetCD. Anyone who knows when it was recorded?

4. That's one of the London Shows of August 1993, either the one on the 11th or the one on the 12th
  5. Originally posted by an07I found this great version of Bad but I don't know the date of the recording. It's a duet with J Shankar and it must have been in Sarajevo but it's not from the Sarajeoshow on 23 september 1997. It has the 'daddy you're a fool to cry'-ending, followed by a long snippet of The First Time, the song ends with the beginning of Bullet the Blue Sky. I think I got it from the CocoaduetCD. Anyone who knows when it was recorded?

awesome. The melodies that guy provides are awesome
  6. Originally posted by an07I found this great version of Bad but I don't know the date of the recording. It's a duet with J Shankar and it must have been in Sarajevo but it's not from the Sarajeoshow on 23 september 1997. It has the 'daddy you're a fool to cry'-ending, followed by a long snippet of The First Time, the song ends with the beginning of Bullet the Blue Sky. I think I got it from the CocoaduetCD. Anyone who knows when it was recorded?

Wembley Stadium 12th August 1993
  7. Thanks a lot for the info. It's one of my favourite versions of Bad, if there had been a ruby tuesday snippet in it, it would have been, without any doubt, the best Bad ever. (I know, it's subjective and personal but I'm just saying it's really, really, really good!)
  8. The song hasn't been the same since the JT/Lovetown era. Bono stopped singing all three verses after that and I haven't liked it near as much. It's still my favorite U2 song and even the later versions are a highlight of every show its played at but they'll never top the UF era versions, especially Live Aid.
  9. Also check out Toronto, I believe, I know the date is 9/14/05. Unbelievable version where Bono does the "how long" bit and then the band bring it back for another couple of minutes--gives me chills.
  10. Also check out Toronto, I believe, I know the date is 9/14/05. Unbelievable version where Bono does the "how long" bit and then the band bring it back for another couple of minutes--gives me chills.
  11. Also check out Toronto, I believe, I know the date is 9/14/05. Unbelievable version where Bono does the "how long" bit and then the band bring it back for another couple of minutes--gives me chills.
  12. This might be considered blasphemy, but i feel like the Live Aid version goes on for too long...When Bono dives into the crowd and starts dancing with the girl, it just goes on for too long in my opinion. Maybe I'd feel different if I saw it live....I'm not sure. Just my two cents.