1. Whats the burning olympic style torch on top of the Stadium Joshua Tree Stage all about. Whats it symbolic off or is it just there for the sake of being there?
  2. found this topic lying about and i'd though i'd answer myself. I saw the flame on the LA dvd and (wrongly) assumed it was used at all the outdoor shows. I was wrong.

The show was in the Memorial Colliseum which housed the olympics one year and the olympic flame was lit for the 2 shows.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyfound this topic lying about and i'd though i'd answer myself. I saw the flame on the LA dvd and (wrongly) assumed it was used at all the outdoor shows. I was wrong.

The show was in the Memorial Colliseum which housed the olympics one year and the olympic flame was lit for the 2 shows.

Yeah I've noticed that during The Unforgettable Fire on youtube. And I thought "Wasn't Red Rocks before UF?"-lol
  4. Originally posted by germcevoyfound this topic lying about and i'd though i'd answer myself. I saw the flame on the LA dvd and (wrongly) assumed it was used at all the outdoor shows. I was wrong.

The Olympic flame at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has been lit only four times. Twice for the Olympics (1932 & 1984), once for U2 and once for his supreme pointlessness the Pope holding mass.

5. wow U2 is as big as the olympics
  6. Originally posted by germcevoywow U2 is as big as the olympics

It that respect, yes. They were deemed worthy of the honour.

7. Originally posted by SIRBONO[..]

It that respect, yes. They were deemed worthy of the honour.

thats pretty cool that is. Too have the olympic flame lit for a concert. To have it lit for the Daltons
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

thats pretty cool that is. Too have the olympic flame lit for a concert. To have it lit for the Daltons

I reckon its something to remember. Off to bed, laters ;-)

9. Originally posted by germcevoywow U2 is as big as the olympics
    Wow U2 is as big as The Pope...