1. ....I’m thinking about Bono with the muscle tight shirt....now.....
  2. The bubble suit is still one of his best get-ups
  3. Originally posted by muzika:Anniversary of a divisive album vs anniversary of one of their best work. Really ? Pop gets something but Achtung Baby doesn't?

No. I say AB gets a 30th anniversary edition and AB30 tour in 2022.

I think both albums will get anniversary releases. AB for its 30th anniversary this year and pop next year. The last AB set was crying out for a live show from 92, there’s a chance to put that right this time. Don’t know what we would get with pop.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I think both albums will get anniversary releases. AB for its 30th anniversary this year and pop next year. The last AB set was crying out for a live show from 92, there’s a chance to put that right this time. Don’t know what we would get with pop.
    AB already got massive anniversary edition. We don't need it every 10 years...
  5. It wasn’t massive in unreleased live content, it’s also about time they released a box that the average fan can purchase, the resale prices of AB boxsets just now are too high. They did JT for its 20th and 30th offering new live stuff each time AB should get the same treatment not just a million remixes and outtakes/b sides with an album (Zooropa) thrown in that we already own and a gig that we already have not even upgraded, and a documentary that we’d already seen.
  6. IMHO they only released JT30 cuz of the tour.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It wasn’t massive in unreleased live content, it’s also about time they released a box that the average fan can purchase, the resale prices of AB boxsets just now are too high. They did JT for its 20th and 30th offering new live stuff each time AB should get the same treatment not just a million remixes and outtakes/b sides with an album (Zooropa) thrown in that we already own and a gig that we already have not even upgraded, and a documentary that we’d already seen.
    They don't like to release much of live content, so there would be maybe just one concert. And the first JT was small box and second was to hype fans for the tour. There won't be AB tour, so why don't put out Pop anniversary reissue when there is chance?
  8. for a popmart thread there are too many mentions of AB so stop it now or I'll let ATYCLB and HTDAAB in here too and that'll piss you off!

AB is their second magnum opus - with TJT being the first and POP being their third - but less of the AB as that's got loads of stuff whereas poor old POP gets fuck all

U2 do not want to be reminded of it - say for the odd track/snippet every other tour

it would not sell very well so I can't see them wasting their time and money on it

there's a market for their other 2 opuses
  9. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:for a popmart thread there are too many mentions of AB so stop it now or I'll let ATYCLB and HTDAAB in here too and that'll piss you off!

AB is their second magnum opus - with TJT being the first and POP being their third - but less of the AB as that's got loads of stuff whereas poor old POP gets fuck all

U2 do not want to be reminded of it - say for the odd track/snippet every other tour

it would not sell very well so I can't see them wasting their time and money on it

there's a market for their other 2 opuses
    So every 5 years reissue of JT or AB will sell better than Pop once? I don't think so. Us diehard fans would buy anything and no one else buys expensive box sets
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    So every 5 years reissue of JT or AB will sell better than Pop once? I don't think so. Us diehard fans would buy anything and no one else buys expensive box sets
    That’s right for sure
    I don’t think it would be selling a lot....personally I think it wouldn’t sell at all but....
    It’s just stuff for us diehard fans,not for everyone
    Pop era their best?
    My answer is no