1. Originally posted by Blue_RoomYou have to be kidding me, again.

The Denver 87 recording is a soundboard 100%. It comes from a pro shot of the same done by the Sony film crew.

This forum is unbelievable with the misinformation and or false rumor/theories that gets posted sometimes.

This thread is very contradictory also. I like X audience recording, thought it was a soundboard. So if you thought it was a good recording and was possibly a soundboard, doesnt that meant that you think most soundboards sound good? Hypocrisy at its best!

We're just of bunch of U2-fans who sometimes don't know all of it. We're all humans....
  2. Originally posted by Blue_RoomYou have to be kidding me, again.

The Denver 87 recording is a soundboard 100%. It comes from a pro shot of the same done by the Sony film crew.

This forum is unbelievable with the misinformation and or false rumor/theories that gets posted sometimes.

This thread is very contradictory also. I like X audience recording, thought it was a soundboard. So if you thought it was a good recording and was possibly a soundboard, doesnt that meant that you think most soundboards sound good? Hypocrisy at its best!
    I miswrote it. I wanted to say "From a Good Soundboard to an almost Perfect Soundboard". I'm sorry.

But I'm not misinformated, nor distributing false rumor/theories.I know very well what I talk about, and if i don't, I siply don't write about it.

See you.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyA soundboard doesn't necessarily mean that the quality is going to be excellent

I was a broadcasting major in college. I actually focused on sound recording and mixing - mostly for radio and tv commercials. Soundboard/IEM recordings can sound like crap - like the IEM of San Jose 2001-4-20. The Wembly 8-12-1993 and the 12-2-2001shows are NOT soundboard or IEM recordings. From the ammount of echo and reverb on Bono's voice and Edge's guitar, one can tell that the mic used for the recording is not very close to either of them. From the 8-12-1993 show, I can even tell you that the mic used for recording is actually closer to Edge than Larry, because even though there is echo on Edge's guitar, there is a lot more echo on Larry's drums. Look at the stage set up on the Sydney DVD from the same tour and you can see why. Soundboard and IEM recordings use mics that are on stage, though an IEM recording will have a different mix because, for instance, Adam doesnt need to hear his bass as much as he needs to hear Edge and Larry, so his IEM would have the bass low in the mix. The 8-12-1993 and 12-2-2001 shows are definately made using mics that are in the audience and not on stage.

Do better recordings of either of these shows exist?

guenther
  4. Originally posted by Guenther[..]

Do better recordings of either of these shows exist?

guenther

There definitely is an earpiece recording of Miami.
    For the London show different remasters exist but no soundboard or iem that I'm aware of.
  5. Originally posted by GuentherI was a broadcasting major in college. I actually focused on sound recording and mixing - mostly for radio and tv commercials. Soundboard/IEM recordings can sound like crap - like the IEM of San Jose 2001-4-20. The Wembly 8-12-1993 and the 12-2-2001shows are NOT soundboard or IEM recordings. From the ammount of echo and reverb on Bono's voice and Edge's guitar, one can tell that the mic used for the recording is not very close to either of them. From the 8-12-1993 show, I can even tell you that the mic used for recording is actually closer to Edge than Larry, because even though there is echo on Edge's guitar, there is a lot more echo on Larry's drums. Look at the stage set up on the Sydney DVD from the same tour and you can see why. Soundboard and IEM recordings use mics that are on stage, though an IEM recording will have a different mix because, for instance, Adam doesnt need to hear his bass as much as he needs to hear Edge and Larry, so his IEM would have the bass low in the mix. The 8-12-1993 and 12-2-2001 shows are definately made using mics that are in the audience and not on stage.
    Blue_Room, is he misinformed?

Nice bunch of technical info, mate...
    I have re'downloaded the Miami 01 show and of course the version here is NOT a soundboard, nor a IEM, nor anything like that. It's an audience recording. You're right.
    Originally posted by guentherDo better recordings of either of these shows exist?
    But of course there's a better version (if you consider a IEM "better" than a Ex Aud recording)... Take a look HERE[/u] or HERE[/u]...