1. up

i've thinking that this song couldn't grows more on me, but i was wrong, what a lyric bro
  2. This is probably my fav song on the album
  3. the sample used for this song has to be U2's most blatant borrow. And no one cared (rightfully so), yet nowadays people complain about SOE's SOL and LOH
  4. I love Pop as a whole and would place it at number 3 in my overall U2 album rankings, but sometimes wish the entire album was more like the first three songs. Discotheque, DYFL, and Mofo just set an incredible tone. As a finished album I do appreciate Bono's take that the album "starts at a party and ends at a funeral" but sometimes do wonder what the album could have sounded like if they had fully embraced the dance music aesthetic, like they're always saying. I always thought that was a poor excuse for abandoning the album in subsequent years - and I really don't like the "New Mixes" overall - but am coming around more to the band's reasoning.

Anyway...I love DYFL and have no problem with the sample. I think the reason people are upset about it in songs like SOL and LOH is they are on an album not associated with that kind of creative incorporation of pre-existing material into something new. Whereas DYFL is on an album that at least in part reflected that kind of mentality.
  5. Sampling on Pop is much more justified in it's concept as well as the music scene at the time, I think the song lacked something live because it needed more of that studio production.
  6. What you find is people that like pop and don’t like SOE will find a way to defend the sampling on Pop but not on SOE. Not so much the other way round and then you’ll find people like myself who don’t mind either way.
  7. Originally posted by EridescoFly:Sampling on Pop is much more justified in it's concept as well as the music scene at the time, I think the song lacked something live because it needed more of that studio production.
    It definitely lacked punch live a lot of air in-between Edge's guitar parts and Bono struggled with it as the vocal range was too broad ,however I think had they stuck with it and made a few adjustments they would have nailed it as the other songs on Pop took a long time to get right and DYFL deserved to stay in the setlist as it's one of the better songs on the album.
  8. The bass on this song is pure eargasm.
  9. Never liked it. Just repeating the All Along the Watchtower-line.
    The sound of the bass is great though.
  10. There Is difference between sampling and using others music... Sampling was part of whole electronic scene in 90's and I don't have any problem with it even now. But playing someone's music (riff or melody) by yourself and putting it as yours music Is something different
  11. Originally posted by Alvin:There Is difference between sampling and using others music... Sampling was part of whole electronic scene in 90's and I don't have any problem with it even now. But playing someone's music (riff or melody) by yourself and putting it as yours music Is something different
    Based on that then there is no difference between do you feel loved and lights of home.