1. Thanks for all the infos!! It works great for me (I convert to wav and use Soundforge to remove blank spaces then I burn on Nero and it works perfectly )
  2. Originally posted by theedge123Thanks for all the infos!! It works great for me (I convert to wav and use Soundforge to remove blank spaces then I burn on Nero and it works perfectly )

What's SoundForge? But I'll leave it to later anyway, I'm having more computer problems than ever!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsWhat's SoundForge?
    It's one of the most used sound-editors. It's fantastic to edit WAV files, and you can do virtually everything-you-can-imagine to the file. Amazing.
    Originally posted by drewBut I'll leave it to later anyway, I'm having more computer problems than ever!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!
    Which kind of problems mate? Internet problems or the computer itself??
  4. Have to take a look at that.

Here's what the problem(s) are:

1. I installed some new memory (1GB). Now, when the system boots up it detects only half. It did this on another stick as well, so I'm inclined to think the RAM slots are stuffed.

2. The hard drive is transferring awfully slow - it takes over 20 minutes to transfer 100MB (not GB). This is a new drive of 320GB - it's given me nothing but trouble.

Do you have any ideas why? I've seated the RAM properly, bought a new HD data cable and still no go. Usually I'd be able to work out the problem but nobody can work it out - and it's got me beat.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins1. I installed some new memory (1GB). Now, when the system boots up it detects only half. It did this on another stick as well, so I'm inclined to think the RAM slots are stuffed.
    Which speed has the new got? If the old has 133 MHz and the new, even being of 1GB, has 667 MHz, they both will work to the lowest speed, so check this out...
    2. The hard drive is transferring awfully slow - it takes over 20 minutes to transfer 100MB (not GB). This is a new drive of 320GB - it's given me nothing but trouble.

Do you have any ideas why? I've seated the RAM properly, bought a new HD data cable and still no go. Usually I'd be able to work out the problem but nobody can work it out - and it's got me beat.
    LOL!!!! 20 mins to 100 MB?? Is it a external HD?? If it's, you should check if you've got a USB 2.0. Anyway, 100 MB / 20 mins is TOO slow...

I'm sorry if you don't understand me, it's hard to explain this kind of things in a foreign lang...
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Which speed has the new got? If the old has 133 MHz and the new, even being of 1GB, has 667 MHz, they both will work to the lowest speed, so check this out...[..]LOL!!!! 20 mins to 100 MB?? Is it a external HD?? If it's, you should check if you've got a USB 2.0. Anyway, 100 MB / 20 mins is TOO slow...

I'm sorry if you don't understand me, it's hard to explain this kind of things in a foreign lang...

The new RAM is 400MHz but we tried to overclock it - that didn't work well. It's only one stick, not two as many people think but it just stopped supporting the other half one night.

The drive, it's an internal IDE but it is very slow, can't change it from PIO to DMA which it should be in. I've got a few suggestions which I am gonna try later today. I think I'll return it for a 250GB USB2 drive.