1. I share the same past with a couple of you. My family also wasn't into music and until i was maybe 12 i just listened to german popular music (it's called "Schlager"). then i started reading a popular youth magazine and found relief in michael jackson from maybe 1992 to 1998 when alanis morissette took his place (i was 15 then). from that time on i developed a great interest in music and listened to lots of singer-songwriters, motown stuff and alternative rock bands. 2002 was the year that my beloved sigur rós entered my world, and 2007, after all those years, finally U2 hit me to the ground
  2. Since my parents arer both big U2 fans, I grew listening to U2.

There's an old VHS video of my 4th birthday where you can see the Sydney 93 video behind the gifts, and Daddy's Gonna Pay (with MacPhisto) sounds in the background. Funny

I also listened very much to Santana, The police, Supertramp, The Beatles, Dire Stratis... All of it great music! I still being a fan of many of them.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongSince my parents arer both big U2 fans, I grew listening to U2.

There's an old VHS video of my 4th birthday where you can see the Sydney 93 video behind the gifts, and Daddy's Gonna Pay (with MacPhisto) sounds in the background. Funny

I also listened very much to Santana, The police, Supertramp, The Beatles, Dire Stratis... All of it great music! I still being a fan of many of them.

Lucky you! I guess you and your parents have a very healthy musical relationship eh ? .
    When I get kids, I'll make sure that they also like the right music from the start on.
  4. Originally posted by loftarasaLucky you! I guess you and your parents have a very healthy musical relationship eh ? .
    When I get kids, I'll make sure that they also like the right music from the start on.
    Not exactly "healthy"... They still like U2, but they actually think that I'm a bit "addicted" since I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day with U2start, etc...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Not exactly "healthy"... They still like U2, but they actually think that I'm a bit "addicted" since I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day with U2start, etc...

So? That's not bad! O.K. Maybe a little bad!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Not exactly "healthy"... They still like U2, but they actually think that I'm a bit "addicted" since I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day with U2start, etc...

Hehe, well, I prefer you here instead of being out on the street, doing bad things maybe
  7. Guns N Roses (who remained one of my favorite bands, but I listen only to the old good music they did)
  8. Originally posted by emielwhat was the music you grow up with ???
    my parents where great beatle fans so i grow up with that just like
    later on with John lennon and paul mcCartney and wings
    in the 80's it was lionel richie /niel daimond/donald fagon/fleetwood mac
    yes / pinkfloyd / bob dylan .....phil collins peter gabriel and kate bush and genesis
    what sort of music did your parents liked ????

Tel me think a little...

Tears For Fears,Beattles,Simply Red,The Police...some of U2,Paralamas do Sucesso and Legião Urbana (brazilian ones)
  9. Adam and the ants,madness,the jam then U2 since 1982
  10. I grew up with U2.

My uncle introduced me early on in my life. I have memories that date back to the age of 3 (1989) that include listening to his cassette tapes and CDs. RATTLE AND HUM over and over and over, first the album, then the film.

I've always been around music since I was very little, and I was very lucky because the 1990s was the next golden age of pop that followed the 1960s, not only in mainstream popular music but also American television shows, movies and even the American economy. In the near future it may even be called the Roaring Nineties.

I also grew up on popular music from the early to mid 1990s, when "alternative / hard rock" was actually mainstream: PEARL JAM (Ten & Vs), Nirvana (Nevermind, In Utero), Hootie & The Blowfish (Cracked Rear View), Smashing Pumpkins (Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magic), Green Day (Dookie), etc.

Finally, early 90s dance music: Real McCoy ("Another Night," "Run Away"), Rob Base ("It Takes Two"), 2 Unlimited ("Twilight Zone," "Get Ready For This"), Corona ("Rhythm Of The Night"), Haddaway ("What Is Love"), and a whole lot more.

Then in the late 90s (1997-ish) I was into MTV: TRL (then called Total Request Live with CARSON DALY!). Bubble gum pop, boy bands (Backstreet Boys, N'Sync), hot teen girl lip-sync-ers (Britney, Mandy Moore, Christina Aguilera who actually sings), rap-rock (Korn, Limp Bizkit). End of 90s (1999) I was into Metallica, all four 80s albums and then the S&M live album which is awesome.

I felt weird for liking U2 b/c they're not "cool" (even though this was POPMART!!!) so I suppressed it.

2000s: I lost touch with mainstream music and I now don't miss it because it does nothing for me.
    I fell in love again with U2: Elevation Tour, and haven't lost touch since.
    I fell in love with Bruce Springsteen (Live in NYC, Greatest Hits, HBO film, Live in Barcelona, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town)

So here I am today
  11. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Creedence, Pink FLoyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Beach Boys, Santana, Deep Purple, Hendrix... then in high school I discovered Metallica, Nirvana, PEarl Jam and old the grunge stuff... And finally found U2 when I was like 15 or 16 years old with the POP album..Now I have 25 and still POP is my favourite U2 album...

take care people..