1. Have you ever heard a U2 song and envisioned a video of your own that you think would be perfect for it? I've done it all the time and was wondering what kind of concepts or ideas people had floating around in their heads.

Here's a few of mine:

Beautiful Day: I pictured a mangled and beaten up Bono washed up on a beach as the song starts. Ragged as if he just narrowly escaped a disaster and lucky to be alive, he wanders around the city appreciating life and all the beauty in it.

Kite: I always pictured the video of this song would follow the life of a boy flying a kite at the beginning and slowly evolving through his life, all the anger, hurt, heartbreak and joy along the way, until it ends with the boy as a man with his own son/daughter flying a kite.

Mothers of the Disappeared: A night time shot of a guerilla war camp in South America and as the music comes in, the soldiers get restless as they see little lights coming on through the trees in the distance. They get their weapons aimed but before one shot is fired, they see veiled women walking out holding candles and they walk through the encampment as the soldiers lower their guns.

In a Little While: The video would start with one member of the band lying asleep in front of a door in the morning sun and the video plays backwards and we see a story unfold of a them having a very drunk night pursuing a very beautiful woman only to end in tears and him lying at her door in a drunken stupor

Whatcha think? Let's here some
  2. One Step Closer: Bono is singing to his little girl and wife, and starts remembering his life in pictures and writing lyrics - but his father and mother has passed away and he's one step closer to knowing.

This is a great little topic.
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsOne Step Closer: Bono is singing to his little girl and wife, and starts remembering his life in pictures and writing lyrics - but his father and mother has passed away and he's one step closer to knowing.

This is a great little topic.

That would be an awesome video!
  4. Originally posted by rmann83Have you ever heard a U2 song and envisioned a video of your own that you think would be perfect for it? I've done it all the time and was wondering what kind of concepts or ideas people had floating around in their heads.

Here's a few of mine:

Beautiful Day: I pictured a mangled and beaten up Bono washed up on a beach as the song starts. Ragged as if he just narrowly escaped a disaster and lucky to be alive, he wanders around the city appreciating life and all the beauty in it.

Kite: I always pictured the video of this song would follow the life of a boy flying a kite at the beginning and slowly evolving through his life, all the anger, hurt, heartbreak and joy along the way, until it ends with the boy as a man with his own son/daughter flying a kite.

Mothers of the Disappeared: A night time shot of a guerilla war camp in South America and as the music comes in, the soldiers get restless as they see little lights coming on through the trees in the distance. They get their weapons aimed but before one shot is fired, they see veiled women walking out holding candles and they walk through the encampment as the soldiers lower their guns.

In a Little While: The video would start with one member of the band lying asleep in front of a door in the morning sun and the video plays backwards and we see a story unfold of a them having a very drunk night pursuing a very beautiful woman only to end in tears and him lying at her door in a drunken stupor

those are great ideas !!! for kite i always pictured something along those lines u should become a music video maker ud be great
  5. Im actually at work making my own.

Its When I look at the World

Starts showing all kind of craziness in this world then flashes to all the good that is going as well.
    etc etc...kinda sleeepy right know explain more later.
  6. Originally posted by rmann83Have you ever heard a U2 song and envisioned a video of your own that you think would be perfect for it? I've done it all the time and was wondering what kind of concepts or ideas people had floating around in their heads.

Here's a few of mine:

WOW! Great ideas indeed, mate!
    Actually I'm just realizing that I've never thought about how the video of a song should be... Gonna do it in the future!

7. GREAT idea's rmann83
  8. Though I appreciate the reception on my ideas, I was really hoping to get a topic of ideas and visualizations for U2 songs going. I mean, I love the ideas drew (especially!) and jdoyle84 have come up with but hasn't anyone else ever had visions of their own u2 videos? Is it just us three?
  9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World: A drunk Bono is running along a sidewalk at about 3 or 4 in the morning.
    He is running after a woman, but is so drunk he can't keep up with her. Finally, he is so tired that he sits down against a
    brick wall and sleeps. A few hours later, he wakes up and sees the woman. Only to find that the woman he saw
    in his drunkenness is Edge. The video ends as Edge and Bono walk back into the same bar they came out of,
    were they sit down and have a drink with Adam(Well, not now) and Larry.
  10. Originally posted by easports43Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World: A drunk Bono is running along a sidewalk at about 3 or 4 in the morning.
    He is running after a woman, but is so drunk he can't keep up with her. Finally, he is so tired that he sits down against a
    brick wall and sleeps. A few hours later, he wakes up and sees the woman. Only to find that the woman he saw
    in his drunkenness is Edge. The video ends as Edge and Bono walk back into the same bar they came out of,
    were they sit down and have a drink with Adam(Well, not now) and Larry.

woa... thats would be awesome! great idea
  11. Originally posted by rmann83Though I appreciate the reception on my ideas, I was really hoping to get a topic of ideas and visualizations for U2 songs going. I mean, I love the ideas drew (especially!) and jdoyle84 have come up with but hasn't anyone else ever had visions of their own u2 videos? Is it just us three?

Well not exactly...
    Only i had an idea for Zoo Station...
    That the band (Adam, Larry and Edge) gets out of a space shuttle that has landed on the moon during the intro (heavy base)
    and settled their own camp there, called Zoo Station, with the cool purple uniforms
    Bono would be dressed as The Fly and plays an E.T. on the moon...
    Here The Fly would also be filmed...

Bad idea's, i know
  12. hey!!! really great ideas guys!!!! you could all be directors!!!

i kind of have an idea of my own....i never thought about it as a video idea....but this image always appears on my mind when i listening to if you wear that velvet dress....

one of the guys (it could be bono...as he's the singer) is in a house nearby a dock...laying on his bed....and it's a full moon night..... he's looking at the moon.... realising she's like a mirrorball....and light is flickering from across the wall.... like the night when she wore that velvet dress.....
    and he stars to remember that day.... when a woman came there...wearing a red velvet dress.... seducing him.....
    it ends...as the sunlight comes up.....sharp and clear.....but nothing at all like the moon....

maybe it's a bit of an incomplete idea.....but i hope you liked!!!!