1. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Well not exactly...
    Only i had an idea for Zoo Station...
    That the band (Adam, Larry and Edge) gets out of a space shuttle that has landed on the moon during the intro (heavy base)
    and settled their own camp there, called Zoo Station, with the cool purple uniforms
    Bono would be dressed as The Fly and plays an E.T. on the moon...
    Here The Fly would also be filmed...

Bad idea's, i know

Interesting idea! I've always pictured Zoo Station as A kid looking out a car window along a country road. Don't know why,
    just kinda one of those visions.
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono

Well not exactly...
    Only i had an idea for Zoo Station...
    That the band (Adam, Larry and Edge) gets out of a space shuttle that has landed on the moon during the intro (heavy base)
    and settled their own camp there, called Zoo Station, with the cool purple uniforms
    Bono would be dressed as The Fly and plays an E.T. on the moon...
    Here The Fly would also be filmed...

Bad idea's, i know

What a fantastic vision for that song! I can see it now too. Bono doing the Zoo Station March that he does during the vertigo tour. Never really thought of that song out in space, gives a different perspective which is exactly what i was looking for from this topic!

Originally posted by snitch
    one of the guys (it could be bono...as he's the singer) is in a house nearby a dock...laying on his bed....and it's a full moon night..... he's looking at the moon.... realising she's like a mirrorball....and light is flickering from across the wall.... like the night when she wore that velvet dress.....
    and he stars to remember that day.... when a woman came there...wearing a red velvet dress.... seducing him.....
    it ends...as the sunlight comes up.....sharp and clear.....but nothing at all like the moon....

maybe it's a bit of an incomplete idea.....but i hope you liked!!!!

I do. Very seductive vision, i get the same feeling listening to it. looking out at the moon and remembering a night....

very cool
  3. I always had the idea that "Staring At The Sun" was about Bono missing his wife and family...
    So that Ali is "not the only one who's staring at the sun..."
    And that the video would be build around this idea... So i was dissapointed when i saw the video...
    Maybe fragments of Ali and his children at one side in their garden in Dublin and Bono walking alone at very popular places, staring at the sun (eg at the Liberty Statue, Eifel tower, Wall Of China etc) was more the thing that i expected...
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBonoI always had the idea that "Staring At The Sun" was about Bono missing his wife and family...
    So that Ali is "not the only one who's staring at the sun..."
    And that the video would be build around this idea... So i was dissapointed when i saw the video...
    Maybe fragments of Ali and his children at one side in their garden in Dublin and Bono walking alone at very popular places, staring at the sun (eg at the Liberty Statue, Eifel tower, Wall Of China etc) was more the thing that i expected...

Hadn't thought about that! Interesting idea!
  5. Some very interesting ideas. Here's a few more from yours truly:

Miracle Drug: The intro of the song could harmonize with a heart moniter and the camera slowly coming into a clean hospital room with a boy in the bed surrounded by machines and a woman holding his hand and asleep. The song then plays through the dream the woman has of the boy and everything he could possible be and do and all the potential in him and ends with her waking up to see he is still in bed and they are still in the hospital.

Zooropa: I would have a very metropolitan city of colorful neon signs and lights and the band walking through wearing identical smiling masks. As they walk through the city, people wearing similar clothing and masks form up behind them slowly becoming a mass following while above them on huge screens, commercial broadcasts and videos play with the different lyrics at the start of the song. When the song hits its center and the tempo picks up, the group begins to rip off their masks and turn to a large mass riot completey tearing up the city and the signs and advertisements; spraypainting over slogans, etc. The police and swat show up but the people, children, elderly, men, women, everyone fights back bravely until the end of the song where everyone is caught but we see the boys walking away, now dressed in swat uniforms but still carrying their masks...

Running to a Stand Still: This could start with an extreme close up of an eye opening and the retina retracting and as the camera zooms out we see a woman lying in the street on her back. Like a dream sequence, she gets up and makes her way through a rainy, ravaged part of town watching the poor life around her and devestated by it; children poking at dead bodies in an alley, a person lying with a heroin needle hanging out of their arm. She climbs a tall tower and sees horrible things happening there and begins to run out but is chased. She only makes it so far and collapses back in the same position, in the same spot and the camera pans into her eye as it goes out of focus.

Whatcha think? Anyone else picture these while listening to the songs?
  6. Originally posted by rmann83Some very interesting ideas. Here's a few more from yours truly:

Miracle Drug: The intro of the song could harmonize with a heart moniter and the camera slowly coming into a clean hospital room with a boy in the bed surrounded by machines and a woman holding his hand and asleep. The song then plays through the dream the woman has of the boy and everything he could possible be and do and all the potential in him and ends with her waking up to see he is still in bed and they are still in the hospital.

Zooropa: I would have a very metropolitan city of colorful neon signs and lights and the band walking through wearing identical smiling masks. As they walk through the city, people wearing similar clothing and masks form up behind them slowly becoming a mass following while above them on huge screens, commercial broadcasts and videos play with the different lyrics at the start of the song. When the song hits its center and the tempo picks up, the group begins to rip off their masks and turn to a large mass riot completey tearing up the city and the signs and advertisements; spraypainting over slogans, etc. The police and swat show up but the people, children, elderly, men, women, everyone fights back bravely until the end of the song where everyone is caught but we see the boys walking away, now dressed in swat uniforms but still carrying their masks...

Running to a Stand Still: This could start with an extreme close up of an eye opening and the retina retracting and as the camera zooms out we see a woman lying in the street on her back. Like a dream sequence, she gets up and makes her way through a rainy, ravaged part of town watching the poor life around her and devestated by it; children poking at dead bodies in an alley, a person lying with a heroin needle hanging out of their arm. She climbs a tall tower and sees horrible things happening there and begins to run out but is chased. She only makes it so far and collapses back in the same position, in the same spot and the camera pans into her eye as it goes out of focus.

Whatcha think? Anyone else picture these while listening to the songs?

Miracle Drug
    Well i agree with you here, really wonderful idea, but to make it a happy end i'd like to see the boy opens his eyes to his mother and smiles

Zooropa
    Well i never thought about this song but it is réally AWESOME

Running To Stand Still
    I like your idea and i also taught about this in the same way...
    Though i was thinking more about a dru-addict than a woman
    I don't know if you know the film "Train Spotting"... Well maybe the band can play a group of addicts in an old building next to an alley and that the video is shooted here, with pieces of their lives...
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Miracle Drug
    Well i agree with you here, really wonderful idea, but to make it a happy end i'd like to see the boy opens his eyes to his mother and smiles

Zooropa
    Well i never thought about this song but it is réally AWESOME

Running To Stand Still
    I like your idea and i also taught about this in the same way...
    Though i was thinking more about a dru-addict than a woman
    I don't know if you know the film "Train Spotting"... Well maybe the band can play a group of addicts in an old building next to an alley and that the video is shooted here, with pieces of their lives...

If I get into the video making business, I'm hiring you as my editor
  8. Originally posted by rmann83[..]

If I get into the video making business, I'm hiring you as my editor

Héhé, thanks mate