1. hey guys just a couple of questions about a couple of bootlegs on here....

Is the San Jose show from elevation (2001-04-20) called "Last of the rock stars"???

also is the Chicago show on the JT Tour (1987-04-29) called "Rock's Hottest Ticket"????

thanks in advance guys....
    c ya round
  2. Second one is correct, don't know about the first one. You can check the recording with the known info.
  3. both are correct.

i find out the names by searching, sometimes on Google, sometimes on "For Love Or Money" the unofficial guide to U2 Bootlegs (only up to PopMart).

some nights have more than one recording in circulation, each with it's own name

ZooTV Washington DC 1992-08-16 includes "Calling The White House" and "And Now A Word From Our Sponsors"

Sometimes it's obvious where the name comes from, sometimes it's cool you listen to the show and there's a snippet or an ad lib that inspires the title.
  4. Originally posted by colbourne25Is the San Jose show from elevation (2001-04-20) called "Last of the rock stars"???

also is the Chicago show on the JT Tour (1987-04-29) called "Rock's Hottest Ticket"????
    Both are correct. Don't you know the history behind the Rock Hottest Ticket bootleg? I thought everyone up there knew about it.

A few monthe before the Joshua train arrived to Chicago, the Time magazine published an article called "Rock's Hottest Ticket", where they described the details of the group, the tour and some more stuff. The article had this title in order to describe the madness caused by the sale of the tickets.

I've seen units of this magazine reach more than 180$ in eBay...

5. Chicago show on the JT Tour (1987-04-29) is NOT "Rocks Hottest Ticket"!

It is indeed the Master Cassette, which is the real "mother source".

I got that one on dime, this was uploaded there by the taper himself!

So "Rocks Hottest Ticket" was made from that.

HTH

cu
    hodel_05

Edit:

Just look at http://www.u2start.com/topic/697/

6. Originally posted by hodel_05Chicago show on the JT Tour (1987-04-29) is NOT "Rocks Hottest Ticket"!

It is indeed the Master Cassette, which is the real "mother source".
    The whole concert is widely known as Rock Hottest Ticket so leave it as it's now.
    Everyone knows the show as RHT, so please leave Master and Generation's topics out.
  7. I got this off a friend in 1988 named "Tear Down The Walls" on double vinyl LP and put it to cassette tape,so I personally always call it by that name.
  8. I always call it The Chi-Chiwawa Show because of the monkey sounds the guy on the second row in the audience is making, and because it's in Chi-cago.

Who cares how a bootleg is named
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]The whole concert is widely known as Rock Hottest Ticket so leave it as it's now.
    Everyone knows the show as RHT, so please leave Master and Generation's topics out.

Sorry, I didn't intend to confuse anybody with facts ...

cu

hodel_05
  10. ok guys... another one

is the Berlin recording from Vertigo called "thursday bloody thursday"??? or is it a different source?
  11. Originally posted by colbourne25ok guys... another one

is the Berlin recording from Vertigo called "thursday bloody thursday"??? or is it a different source?
    I don't think it's Bloody Thursday since this is the less common recording.
    I think it would be No Beautiful Day or Amazing Grace, these two are the most common (and the best) recordings of the 07-07 show.