1. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Oi, play fair, I have the Slane DVD!

I'm assuming you're aware of the events before the 2nd Slane show? i.e. they televised Ireland's qualification for the 2002 World Cup, Jason McAteer scoring the only goal against...Holland, I think? Hence the whole place was rocking before the first chords of Elevation kicked in, and I'm guessing that's what Bono was alluding to when he referred to the beachball

1- 0 it was,he was completely unmarked at the back stick............

Jason McAteer.......used to play for me arl fellas team on a Sunday morning before being "spotted" by Marine AFC.Then he went to Bolton Wanderers........

"Maybe just once.Just once.Close your eyes and imagine it's Jason McAteer....!!"
  2. Originally posted by gmc[..]

1- 0 it was,he was completely unmarked at the back stick............

Jason McAteer.......used to play for me arl fellas team on a Sunday morning before being "spotted" by Marine AFC.Then he went to Bolton Wanderers........

"Maybe just once.Just once.Close your eyes and imagine it's Jason McAteer....!!"

A black day for our Dutch team....

But it did made the best show ever!
  3. Originally posted by markp91

But it did made the best show ever!

Excluding the opening night of Popmart, of course....
  4. Originally posted by haytrain[..]Excluding the opening night of Popmart, of course....

Oh, bad taste Jeremy, bad taste!
  5. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Excluding the opening night of Popmart, of course....

Haha
    Love that show!
  6. Bono, during the Popmart Eugene show:

"This place is kind of like Dublin: Rockin' town, warm people, shit weather. WELCOME HOME!"
  7. Originally posted by haytrainBono, during the Popmart Eugene show:

"This place is kind of like Dublin: Rockin' town, warm people, shit weather. WELCOME HOME!"

Hahaha....

I've never been there, but it sounds like Dublin to me.
  8. Bono (Amsterdam 1989) during ISHFWILF after Edge and Larry decide to take the song up shit creek - "we fucked up - that's alright isn't it?"
  9. Bono at first Elevation night: 'Larry didn't get to bed till 7 o'clock, Adam didn't get to bed till 6 o'clock, I didn't....I didn't get to bed!'
  10. No a funny sentence by Bono, but if you've got the Kansas City Elevation show (because of the great "When I Look At The World" snippet, most likely) take a listen to the opening 10 seconds of Sunday Bloody Sunday. The level of excitement of a few guys standing close to the taper is hilarious. You'd think they just won the lottery or something.

Very very funny....
  11. Bono, Kobenhavn 2005 post-Electric Co. - "Alright you can all fuck off now"
  12. Show of Brazil, first night 2006: Bono touches Edge and says: "no sweat", touches himself and says: "sweat", and concludes: "who's working for who here !?".