1. Originally posted by drewhigginsCongratulations on the 2000 posts Gerard!

1500 but thanks very much
  2. When Oasis played Cork a few years ago ,I was working in the VIP tent and Oasis ,Prodigy,Clapton M-People and Bono and Edge were all in the tent .

Joe Herlihys nephew in Cork was one of my best mates,he was a all Ireland Champion weight power lifter and he introduced me to Joe ,who gave me Edges petrum and a set of larrys drumsticks

I also met them in 87 in Cork gig as I got a backstage pass from my chef friend who did the catering.I still have the pass on my wall

I've met Larry numerous times at Ireland Rugby and Football matches either in the stand (west stand Landsdown road) or in the Berkely Court Hotel bar .Larry sometimes goes to the games in a Helicopter,especiallyif he's due on stage in Slane a hour after the game ends
    I've also met/seen Larry in a pub in Dalkey
    I've met Bono on Killiney strand and in the Killiney court Hotel when my in laws were staying there ,I've also met him Grafton street and in Lillies Nightclub

I watched the Beautiful Day Rooftop top of the pops Video live from the next rooftop

Theres a new trendy Cafe bar called Expresso just off baggott street and last month Ali Hewson was dining there at the same time as us ,the week before Bono was there

Those are just a few times off the top of my head.Theres been loads more .My gf's ex boss is a mate of Bono's ,lives a few doors down from them
    I've very rarely seen Adam and only seen Edge a few times which kinda guts me cos edge and Larry are the 2 I'd give anything to go for a beer with .The few times I've seen Larry I've hummed and hawed about going over to him but its hard to get the courage up when hes in company in a bar .Only time I got the courage up was in the Berkley after some Ireland match
    My phone has a superb camera so next time I meet any of them I'll take a few U2start exclusive photo's
  3. Originally posted by redgav
    My phone has a superb camera so next time I meet any of them I'll take a few U2start exclusive photo's

Wow
    That would be awesome! I'm sure everyone here would appreciate that.
    You have some handy friends and contacts

4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

1500 but thanks very much

I buggered up what I was writing.

So congratulations on the 1500 posts Gerard. I got it right this time. I should be able to reach 1000 in a month or two, maybe even quicker.

I'm not going away now so I'm back, and thanks for the comments of my avatar. RedGav, you've certainly done well in the meetings area, and some photos would be awesome. Get all the info for the next album you can - even ask what names they've considered, and make it U2start exclusive.