1. think about the cameras that are used to put video of the band on the screens. On Elevation and Vertigo every band member had a camera on them constantly. Wouldn't be hard to recorda feed from each of those cameras.

I'm not saying I see any sense in recording every show but I just think they might
  2. didn't like Wembley at all. It has a serious echo problem in some songs. Unlistenable through a set of headphones and like I mentioned in a previous post I would take Dublin over Sydney any day of the week

I was talking about performance in Wembley, Streets and I Will Follow have echo problems, yep, but it's fixed later. Denver is better most of the songs(though I prefer The Unforgettable Fire from Wembley for example).
    Are we talking about Sydney DVD or Sydney bootleg? If we compare bootlegs of course that Dublin is better.

As for the recordings, they might have recorded their live shows from the Boy era, I don't see why not. Many bands do it even when they are just getting started. Anyway if that's true, I don't understand why they haven't released almost anything live.
  3. Originally posted by Carlosgfc[..]
    I was talking about performance in Wembley, Streets and I Will Follow have echo problems, yep, but it's fixed later. Denver is better most of the songs(though I prefer The Unforgettable Fire from Wembley for example).
    Are we talking about Sydney DVD or Sydney bootleg? If we compare bootlegs of course that Dublin is better.

As for the recordings, they might have recorded their live shows from the Boy era, I don't see why not. Many bands do it even when they are just getting started. Anyway if that's true, I don't understand why they haven't released almost anything live.

The echo problem is still there on the Wembley bootleg up to I Still Haven't Found. I just don't like that bootleg. Period and we were comparing the sound of the Sydney DVD to the Dublin bootleg. I prefer the latter.

U2 don't release 'live albums' anymore. They don't see the point when they can just pump out a DVD of a show and give you the whole live experience. All the official live releases come as b-sides and/or special releases U2 Communication or Hasta la Vista.
  4. Why should U2 release an official live album on CD?

- They released several DVDs from which you can just rip the audio if you want to.
    - They allowed bootleg sharing so there's a wide amount of shows available for free download, some in professional quality.

There's nothing to achieve for them with an official live album any more.

Alex