1. Hey guyz, until yesterday I was sure that no sound-editing program can make a song sound much better, but then some friend proved me that I was wrong...

Using Soundforge he, right before my eyes, made wonders with audio files, changing their key, making them sound faster/slower, improving bass and high notes etc...

I was very impressed.

So when I came back I decided to try it myself, and voila! I was always feeling sad about Daly City 1985-03-08 - great performance, great sound quality except one thing - this whole bootleg sounds very hollow, like the whole scene is covered with some sound-dampening material. Sure, the recording is old and this fact explains everything. But I thought, hey, now I am a music-editor equipped with soundforge! So why not try to do anything with it?

So far I've been working only with one file from that bootleg - October-New Year's day.
    I want you to download the edited version and compare it with the original one and then say if you heard any positive (or negative....) differences.
    NOTE: While editing the file, I was tuning it for NYD only, so October DOES NOT sound well with this tuning, though it is one file. Later I plan to cut October to tune it separately, so check starting from NYD only please!
    Thanks for your time and patience!

http://rapidshare.com/files/48548957/October_-_New_Years_Day.mp3
  2. I gotta agree, it sounds better now

Keep up the good work
  3. Much better! Good job!
  4. Changed the title to make it more clear what's in it