1. Not sure how many of you want it, but if you use ColumnsUI and check out Playlist View > Columns, here's a few strings to use:

Size (MB)$div(%_filesize%,1048576).$num($div($mul($mod(%_filesize%,1048576),100),1048576),2) MB

Artist: %artist%
    Album Title: %album%
    Release Year: %date%
    Format: %codec%
    Length: [%_time_elapsed% of ]%_length%

2. Anything else that could further enhance this setup? I'm using the new 1.0 version.
  3. Where is your musiclibrary? Or do you have everything in one playlist?

My setup is like this:

Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7822/captureht.jpg[/IMG]' Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/captureht.jpg/1/w1680.png[/IMG]'

Still need to tag some boots, but cant tag the lossless ones because it will change the files and i wouldnt be able to seed them
  4. Originally posted by Risto:Where is your musiclibrary? Or do you have everything in one playlist?

My setup is like this:

[image] [image]

Still need to tag some boots, but cant tag the lossless ones because it will change the files and i wouldnt be able to seed them

All I can say is wow to that.

My music library is in the normal Documents \ My Music folder. Does it matter if it's stored as Artist \ Album (Year)? I usually just drop and drag new files in.
  5. Its all about the tags. Filenames dont really matter.

I am using the Column UI. There you can add 'Filters' (the things at the top). You can select on which tag/property you want to filter

As you can see i have a TOUR tag (custom tag). Also i have a LEG and a LOCATION tag, which are also custom. You can add them from the 'Properties' form just rightclick the form and choose Add Field or something like that.
  6. Originally posted by Risto:Its all about the tags.

I am using the Column UI. There you can add 'Filters' (the things at the top). You can select on which tag/property you want to filter

As you can see i have a TOUR tag (custom tag). Also i have a LEG and a LOCATION tag, which are also custom.

Oh yeah I'm using Columns. I'll have a look at the filters setup as well.
  7. Looks pretty interesting.

I've been using JRiver Media Center for quite a few years, now on release 21 I think.

Whilst it's 'pay for' software, I find it good value for money and supremely useful and powerful - especially if you are the 'OCD librarian' sort like me

A few things I really like about it (by no means am I saying these features are unique or exclusive to JRiver, as I honestly don't know as I've used it for years now and have never had need to look for anything else)...

* Tagging / custom database fields - endless ways to tag your media files. for live recordings I have a 'tour field' setup, then a 'tour leg' field, sound quality rating, sound quality notes, track notes, recording notes, venue (city), venue (country), venue (location), various source fields, lineage etc. (too many to bore y'all with!)

* Custom Views are at the heart of this software. So based on the above tagging you can set up any number of custom views to query / filter / drill down the metadata in your library and return appropriate tracks.

So I have views setup for each tour / tour leg, live duets / collaborations, cover versions, snippets, sound quality based on rating, official releases, recording type (audience microphone, soundboard, IEM, matrix etc.), performance type (concert, session, soundcheck, rehearsal etc), official releases, rare live performance (for tracks played rarely), notable live performance (where something unusual happens in a track or it is particularly good), concerts by town/city/country, Edge Popmart karaoke performances, shows I've attended, favourite shows, etc etc. Its quite powerful and actually my setup is a bit more elaborate but just to give you a flavour of what you could do with it. There are endless possibilities.

* Tabs. Just like a web browser you can have multiple tabs open at a time displaying different views from the main explorer style tree display. So you could have one tab up displaying all your Popmart live recordings, and the next tab displaying all your Zoo TV shows.

* In-built web browser. This is really nifty. You can call web pages in the above tabs. So for instance I'm tagging my shows to include the U2 Start page for each particular show (as well as any relevant wikipedia entries, and a couple of other U2 sites who have info on shows).

* You can setup custom weblink buttons to call the URL in any field you have setup and open it in a new browser tab. So I can have a library tab up showing a recording in my collection, then click on my U2 Start button, and it will fire up the details for that show from U2 Start in a new tab within the software, and I can tab back and forth between the two with ease Super nifty.

* It's known for being able to handle gargantuan amounts of data with ease and little slowdown.

It does take awhile to get your head round it all, but once you grasp how powerful the custom views setup is, it all falls into place. Would definitely recommend it to anyone passionate about their media archive and on the lookout for new media library software.

Any other users out there? Have any tips and tricks available? How do you have your library setup, would love to hear from any other users! Or do you use Foobar or something else? If so what kind of custom setups do you have? Curious to hear what other people use and how they have their libraries setup.