1. Originally posted by drewhigginsMaybe on the rooftop of a liquor store?

How about high on a desert plain, where the streets have no name?

You're right !
  2. how about they never play a last show?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yes, I know, but I think that, nowadays, U2 thinks more about the Money than about the Fans. And the Money means USA.

What makes you say this LikeaSong? (I mean the thinking about money bit, not the USA bit)
  4. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

What makes you say this LikeaSong? (I mean the thinking about money bit, not the USA bit)

Before he reacts, I think he means that U2 always kicks-off their tour in the US of A. They play a lot of gigs there because there is more money to earn. Maybe they wil kick-off the next tour in China, Beijing...who knows..
  5. Originally posted by yeahIf they have balls they'll do it somewhere in Africa.
    Absolutely.
    Originally posted by djrlewisWhat makes you say this LikeaSong? (I mean the thinking about money bit, not the USA bit)
    Well, you only have to see what U2 stands for now, only money and more money. If they could, they would make about 200 shows in America and 1 in Europe, I'm quite sure. If you pay attention, each tour is having MORE shows in the USA and LESS in Europe. What does that mean? After ZOO TV, they realised that Europe is NOT unconditional to them. And after the Joshua Tree-Lovetown, all the tours have had about the 60 or 70% of the shows in America.

Moreover, as MWSAH pointed, all the tours are kicked-off in the USA. I hate it. It's a kick in the ass of Europe, in the ass of their roots.

PD- Please people of the USA don't get angry, but that's my opinion...
  6. I agree. They've started the bloody POPmart tour in the USA, the bloody Elevation tour in the USA, most (not all) of their promo shows in the USA and no guessing where they started out promoting HTDAAB and the Vertigo tour. I'd like them to choose somewhere different - maybe it will be in a European location. Hopefully somewhere like Croke Park or even Slane again would be awesome.

It's time for a change. But I doubt it will ever happen.

And what's more stupid, they ARE from Europe, NOT the US!
  7. Originally posted by drewhigginsI agree. They've started the bloody POPmart tour in the USA, the bloody Elevation tour in the USA, most (not all) of their promo shows in the USA and no guessing where they started out promoting HTDAAB and the Vertigo tour
    Don't forget their most known tour: Zoo TV. The concerts in ONE country (79, in the United States Of America) are the same as the shows in TWO continents (79, Europe + The Pacific), or if you prefer, as in FIFTEEN countries. 1=15 ?
    Yes, I agree, the USA are bigger than any of the European countries, but, hey, whoever schedules the tour dates, listen. In Europe are (proportionally) MORE fans than there.
    Originally posted by drewhigginsAnd what's more stupid, they ARE from Europe, NOT the US!
    That's the point i referred to. They're denying their European roots. I wouldn't have ANY problem with the Tours started in the USA... IF (and only IF) U2 would be from the USA. But they are NOT.
  8. not in america i guess. slane would be perfect but maybe somewhere else in rotterdam or amsterdam
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I can't tell whether that buildings is amazing looking or just darn ugly

Come and have a closer look then.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]They're denying their European roots.

Well, their (his -> Bono) Irish roots with the knighthood.. But almost 25 years ago (not really precise but...) we wrote Sunday Bloody Sunday...