1. I went over to a friends place one day, and he was listening to this new live tape, it was "Under A Blood Red Sky", so it was obviously back in 1983, i listened, borowed the tape, went out and bought the record, there was just something about that concert, a night time music program here in Australia called NightShift used to play clips from the video version from time to time, and of course i was always ready with a tape in the video recorder.

When Pride came out, with the release of Unforgettable Fire, that was it, and with the Live Aid performance, especially "Bad", i was now a mad U2 fan, and to this day, have bought EVERY release on the day it hit the shelves, the only other groups i have done so were INXS and New Order, but U2 are number 1.

I actually saw for the first time a couple of weeks back the lost performances from Under A Blood Red Sky on YouTube.
  2. A cover version of with or without you made me curious about u2! And after that i bought the dvd of boston, after seeing it i was really impressed! And shortly after that i started to collect the albums
  3. Out of Control end of discussion
  4. Originally posted by vox4life I've heard there may be at least a radio broadcast so hopefully there will be a soundboard available?

Cheers,
    - Jim

The show was broadcasted on radio, or???

5. Buying the cassette of Under a Blood Red Sky. I played it to death....I have been hooked ever since.
  6. A friend played Rattle and Hum and said 'You gotta listen this band'. Then we saw the movie and the snippets were a good way to get hooked. Then I discovered those rare b-sides, specially Dancing barefoot and realized how imaginative and prolific they are. U2 wasn't like those bands who are over with the album--they go over and beyond.
  7. A Keane cover of "With Or Without You" that inspired me to buy the best of 1980-90.

For some reason the cover to mine is bronze not gold...
  8. im 19 so i was realitivly young when i got into U2 i think around 16- or 17 vertigo got me hooked then with or without you confirmed me as a fan lol now im a diehard fan and my fave song is where the streets have no name
  9. the first thing that i bought relating to U2 was the Slane DVD... the only reason i bought that was because of the pure emotion of with or without you and i was keen to hear it live... i watched all of that DVD from front to back (normally i just skip through lol) i was completely taken in by their music and i knew from that moment that i have to have every thing to do with the band...
  10. The first time I heard VERTIGO!
  11. The first time i saw Where the streets have no name video
  12. My parents are fans also, so I met U2 fist time with Zooropa and the Sydney '93 video. I remember myself 4 or 5 years old sitting in front of the stereo and asking for my mother to put on Zooropa's vinil...