1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

then we must get talking

Ok, let's talk....love the Irish accents! I must find the time to visit there. It's a beautiful country and I bet the people are just as great. My brother-in-law is from Galway. Although he was born there, he grew up in Scotland. He is now living in Texas for the past 12 years. I talked with him the other day and his accent is hysterical. It's a combination of Irish, Scottish and Texas drawl.
    It's a big mess.

2. Originally posted by IzzyU2[..]

Ok, let's talk....love the Irish accents! I must find the time to visit there. It's a beautiful country and I bet the people are just as great. My brother-in-law is from Galway. Although he was born there, he grew up in Scotland. He is now living in Texas for the past 12 years. I talked with him the other day and his accent is hysterical. It's a combination of Irish, Scottish and Texas drawl.
    It's a big mess.

he sounds like quite a character with those accents. Ireland is indeed a beautiful country if you know where to look. Places like Donegal and Sligo are just stunning. I've been to Chicago twice myself. Stayed in a little place called La Grange park which was lovely. Love the whole downtown seen and Lakeshore drive. I'm hoping to return pretty soon
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

he sounds like quite a character with those accents. Ireland is indeed a beautiful country if you know where to look. Places like Donegal and Sligo are just stunning. I've been to Chicago twice myself. Stayed in a little place called La Grange park which was lovely. Love the whole downtown seen and Lakeshore drive. I'm hoping to return pretty soon

Well, you'll just have to look me up the next time you're in town. LaGrange Park isn't really close to me, but it's sure closer than where you are now. I'm up in the Northwest suburbs. Schaumburg to be exact. You can ask Bono where it is, he's been here to meet with the hired guns at Motorola to talk about the Product (Red) phone.

The next time I get out to Europe, it's definately going to be Ireland/Scotland. I'm going to do my homework and figure out where I want to go and what I want to see. I really hate going to the typical places.....you know, the tourist traps. I want to see the "real" country, and talk to "real" people.

I'm hoping that my sister and her hubby do decide to move there, so that I can stay with them and see the back country and get lost in it for a while.
  4. your just right for not wanting to get stuck into all the tourist traps. The Giant's Causeway really isn't all that (though the whole North Coast is just amazing). Sligo and Donegal are just amazing (anywhere alcong the West) and the further South you go the more 'Irish' it becomes. And you better get your guinness hat on aswell
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyyour just right for not wanting to get stuck into all the tourist traps. The Giant's Causeway really isn't all that (though the whole North Coast is just amazing). Sligo and Donegal are just amazing (anywhere alcong the West) and the further South you go the more 'Irish' it becomes. And you better get your guinness hat on aswell

Mmmm, Guinness sounds really great right now!!

6. Originally posted by IzzyU2[..]

Mmmm, Guinness sounds really great right now!!

you can't come to Ireland and not have Guinness
  7. Originally posted by IzzyU2I'm new here in the forum area, but have been a member on this site for a while. Apparently my husband signed me up in the beginning of the year to highjack a few bootlegs for me. Not until today when I received an email about the renewing of this site did I decide to come and check it out.

WOW! Looks awesome here. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and plugging through to get familiar here and to know how things work.

Thanks so much for the email----

Izzy

Hi friend
    How are you?

just to say a hello and welcome!!
    Greetings from Brazil!!
    See you and enjoy!!
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

you can't come to Ireland and not have Guinness

Oh, don't I know it....it would be blasphemous!

9. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

Hi friend
    How are you?

just to say a hello and welcome!!
    Greetings from Brazil!!
    See you and enjoy!!

Hello to my new Brazillian friend!
    Thanks so much for the welcome!! I love it here so far!!!

10. Originally posted by IzzyU2[..]

Hello to my new Brazillian friend!
    Thanks so much for the welcome!! I love it here so far!!!

Hi!!
    You don't need to thank me..it's a pleasure for me know people and make friendships!!
    Take care of yourself!!

See you my new american friend!