1. Perfect! Thanks a lot.

Now I got a reply from Apple. It's about as good as I'm gonna get, so at least I'm half way.

==========================================================================

Hi Drew,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can understand the frustration of having such issues with your ipod. Regarding your warranty, Apple do offer a 1 year warranty as standard on all ipods and computers. Apple and Next Byte (as a reseller) offer an extended AppleCare protection Plan which adds another year to that warranty plus premium service and support.

I have searched for your purchase on our system under your name but cannot seem to find it. I did find a 4GB nano. Was it perhaps purchased under a business name?

If you purchased this from another reseller, sometimes what can happen is that they seem to register the iPod serial numbers upon receiving goods. This is not Next Byte practice and as long as you have a proof of purchase, we can confirm the purchase date if the serial # was not registered by yourself.

In regards to iPods that are out of warranty, we cannot get replacements from Apple. I realise that this seems a little harsh but as a reseller we are really tied down by Apple policy. However, i can offer a suggestion to bring the iPod into us and we will try our best to request case number from Apple in order to obtain a replacement. Alternatively, you can contact Apple on 133 622 and press 9 at the main menu and ask for someone in customer relations. I do understand that it is somewhat frustrating and unfortunately, as with most forms of technology, an item can last 2 days/1 month/ 5 years...it sounds like you have followed all procedures to try and correct the fault with your iPod so it does definitely sound like a hardware issue.

If there is anything further I can assist with, please feel free to contact me or bring your iPod into the store. Also, if you could bring a proof of purchase in, that would be grand.

regards,

Lara Soulio
    Stock Controller
    Next Byte (NSW) Pty Ltd

As I said, it's better than nothing isn't it? Oh well, hopefully something good comes out of it.
  2. Originally posted by drewhigginsPerfect! Thanks a lot.

Now I got a reply from Apple. It's about as good as I'm gonna get, so at least I'm half way.

Hi Drew,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can understand the frustration of having such issues with your ipod. Regarding your warranty, Apple do offer a 1 year warranty as standard on all ipods and computers. Apple and Next Byte (as a reseller) offer an extended AppleCare protection Plan which adds another year to that warranty plus premium service and support.

I have searched for your purchase on our system under your name but cannot seem to find it. I did find a 4GB nano. Was it perhaps purchased under a business name?

If you purchased this from another reseller, sometimes what can happen is that they seem to register the iPod serial numbers upon receiving goods. This is not Next Byte practice and as long as you have a proof of purchase, we can confirm the purchase date if the serial # was not registered by yourself.

In regards to iPods that are out of warranty, we cannot get replacements from Apple. I realise that this seems a little harsh but as a reseller we are really tied down by Apple policy. However, i can offer a suggestion to bring the iPod into us and we will try our best to request case number from Apple in order to obtain a replacement. Alternatively, you can contact Apple on 133 622 and press 9 at the main menu and ask for someone in customer relations. I do understand that it is somewhat frustrating and unfortunately, as with most forms of technology, an item can last 2 days/1 month/ 5 years...it sounds like you have followed all procedures to try and correct the fault with your iPod so it does definitely sound like a hardware issue.

If there is anything further I can assist with, please feel free to contact me or bring your iPod into the store. Also, if you could bring a proof of purchase in, that would be grand.

regards,

Lara Soulio
    Stock Controller
    Next Byte (NSW) Pty Ltd

As I said, it's better than nothing isn't it? Oh well, hopefully something good comes out of it.

Interesting. Very interesting.

3. i didn't read the posts before me, so excuse me if i am a little late LOL, but its sounds like a battery death issue, use this website http://store.ifixipodsfast.com/

that guy is awesome, he can fix anything, send it in for a trouble shoot, and personally email him first explaining your issue, he probably could help just by email!
  4. Originally posted by paolom3i didn't read the posts before me, so excuse me if i am a little late LOL, but its sounds like a battery death issue, use this website http://store.ifixipodsfast.com/

that guy is awesome, he can fix anything, send it in for a trouble shoot, and personally email him first explaining your issue, he probably could help just by email!

I've heard of him before. From what I hear, he can fix a lot of iPod issues.
  5. The woman who I spoke to said it can be fixed by two to four weeks. Bloody fantastic service and all I do is go up to Adelaide, drop the iPod and our chat transcripts we had and they (NextByte) can likely do something. But I am gonna email that guy as well and see what he says.

Talk about excellent service.
  6. Originally posted by drewhigginsThe woman who I spoke to said it can be fixed by two to four weeks. Bloody fantastic service and all I do is go up to Adelaide, drop the iPod and our chat transcripts we had and they (NextByte) can likely do something. But I am gonna email that guy as well and see what he says.

Talk about excellent service.

Good luck. I hope you're not attached to your iPod as much as I am! I would go nuts
    without it for that long!
  7. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Good luck. I hope you're not attached to your iPod as much as I am! I would go nuts
    without it for that long!

Yeah I can live with or without it. But at least they're willing to do something for me, so that makes me happy. Now I won't have any U2 to listen to...but I have a little 512MB flash player here so that's good enough plus CDs if I really want.
  8. According to Apple.com.au, only the U2 video version is available now.
  9. It's definitely a hard drive problem. All drive tests failed.
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsAccording to Apple.com.au, only the U2 video version is available now.

I thought they had spares and replacements for all ipods to last years after they went out of production. well done for getting a reply though
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I thought they had spares and replacements for all ipods to last years after they went out of production. well done for getting a reply though

Oh yeah they do. In the US, not Australia though - which is a real pity. But then there's a lot that takes forever to get here like Windows Media Centre, the US and UK had it back in 2002, we only got it 2005.

I told you I'd get somewhere with it, all you have to do is complain. They're under a legal obligation to at least help me within the five years that Apple told me.
  12. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Oh yeah they do. In the US, not Australia though.

I see. They should make that global