1. Originally posted by Ali709Drew?! ...aaaw..I'm alone again! Where are you people? Gerard? Dan? Get your hand out of that dog and come here!!

Morning Ali!!
    Morning Gerard!

Evening Drew if you're on.

Another grey day today. No winds though unlike Scotland - what's Ireland like Gerard?
    Still cold in Tehran Ali?

2. we just had the heaviest downpour i've saw in 2 years. Cool as hell it was. Very windy also. Not looking forward to heading out in it later
  3. It's a great sunny day but still cold, which is lovely, Sun but not too hot
  4. PM Dan. Cough cough
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyPM Dan. Cough cough

My asthma *cough* is playing up again *cough*
  6. anyone up to anything at the weekend?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyanyone up to anything at the weekend?

Back off up to the Lakes again tonight for a long weekend. There's a chance of some snow on Saturday on the high fells so I'm going to be getting out in that. Would go to Scotland where I know it's snowed but the gales have put me off.

Planning a long bike-ride over the mountains tomorrow if the weather's with me...

You? (apart from computer related activities)
  8. I bought a cracking mountain bike last year and i'm yet to really get a good good run on it. Apart from my busy DVD saturday i'm going to see some snooker. Gonna go see Ronnie O' Sullivans quarter final game tomorow night (assuming that he wins tonight). If he doesnt go through then i'll just go and see the final on sunday night. Check eurosport, you might see me on there
  9. Nothing beats bouncing down the hills at stupid speeds on a bike

Never seen snooker live - let us know how it is.

Originally posted by germcevoyCheck eurosport, you might see me on there

I would, but I have no TV up in the Lakes - we made the decision when we moved so that we get out and about more etc.

We watch all the big programs on DVD when they're out (although I might try and get into this downloading business - a lot don't work on the Mac though). I catch up with Top Gear on YouTube.
  10. Originally posted by djrlewisNothing beats bouncing down the hills at stupid speeds on a bike

Never seen snooker live - let us know how it is.

[..]

I would, but I have no TV up in the Lakes - we made the decision when we moved so that we get out and about more etc.

We watch all the big programs on DVD when they're out (although I might try and get into this downloading business - a lot don't work on the Mac though). I catch up with Top Gear on YouTube.

Thats why I don't get out on it enough. Theres no really great places to go here. The bke is a Carerra Krachen. The full works, fully adjustable suspension, brake discs front and rear, big knobbly tyres. It would get wasted just going up and down the road. It needs some hardcore stuff. There is one decent mountain but i'll need to work on the fitness before I give that a go.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    Thats why I don't get out on it enough. Theres no really great places to go here. The bke is a Carerra Krachen. The full works, fully adjustable suspension, brake discs front and rear, big knobbly tyres. It would get wasted just going up and down the road. It needs some hardcore stuff. There is one decent mountain but i'll need to work on the fitness before I give that a go.

Nice. I went with a hardtail (no back suspension) myself (prefer a bit of rigidity) but have the rest of it.

I'm lucky with location I guess, but we've only just got here so haven't seen much of it yet. Some of the routes are killers though.........
  12. I went with the hard tail to. Shoulday mentioned fully adjustable front suspension. Not keen in Y-frames . .