1. One of my favorites for sure. My dad was actually at this show, which is amazing seeing as how it's probably the best show I've ever listened through personally.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:Bump (Is that what you type when a forum has been idle for a long time?)

I appreciate that a lot of you (and so am I) are gearing up for Glastonbury but I am eagerly awaiting the release of a Zoo TV show for the Achtung Baby 20th anniversary. Anyway, to "prepare" for it, I have been listening to a lot of Zoo TV shows and, not surprisingly, really enjoy the Dublin '93 (it's one of their greatest ever, no?). However, the only thing that kinda bums me out about that show is that they didn't play ISHFWLF. Can any one recommmend a Zoo TV version with similar sound quality that I can use Nero and edit it into that show? I know it's cheating but what I love about that tour (or at least the first 3.5 legs of it) is that they played so from their new album but held onto to the classics from the second half of the '80s - most importantly 'side a" of JT.

Suggestions?

Stockholm maybe?
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:Bump (Is that what you type when a forum has been idle for a long time?)

I appreciate that a lot of you (and so am I) are gearing up for Glastonbury but I am eagerly awaiting the release of a Zoo TV show for the Achtung Baby 20th anniversary. Anyway, to "prepare" for it, I have been listening to a lot of Zoo TV shows and, not surprisingly, really enjoy the Dublin '93 (it's one of their greatest ever, no?). However, the only thing that kinda bums me out about that show is that they didn't play ISHFWLF. Can any one recommmend a Zoo TV version with similar sound quality that I can use Nero and edit it into that show? I know it's cheating but what I love about that tour (or at least the first 3.5 legs of it) is that they played so from their new album but held onto to the classics from the second half of the '80s - most importantly 'side a" of JT.

Suggestions?

1992-10-14 - Houston and 1993-07-03 - Verona spring to mind.
  4. I definitely recommend Stockholm and Verona too. Stockholm has Stand By Me which always means a big
  5. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:One of my favorites for sure. My dad was actually at this show, which is amazing seeing as how it's probably the best show I've ever listened through personally.
    Really?!?! That's amazing! I didn't know it! It's probably the most well U2 show apart from Dublin 89 and 93... And one of the bests
  6. Sacramento 2001. Simply awesome.
  7. Favourites;

ZooTV - 4th Leg - Zooropa - 1993-05-11 - Rotterdam (B-Stage version with improvised verse)
    United Center, Chicago - May 16, 2001 (Bono & Edge only)
    2001-10-10 - Notre Dame (Satellite Feed) - Full Band - excellent sound
    Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with Bruce Springsteen & Roy Bittan
  8. Thanks for all the feedback...

I'm trying to kepp it somewhat "real" and use a Zoo show. I agree that Notre Dame 2001 is the best one of them all but I've already use it in an Elevation Tour compilation. I'd share it but it has too much from the Boston and Slane DVD rips. Any suggestions there as to other shows (aside from the previously-mentioned Notre Dame show and the MSG show) I could use and then share later for an Elevation mix...not to brag but the one I've made isn;t too shabby.

How's the sound on the '93 Rotterdam show - or the Verona show? I have a bootleg from several years ago called "After the Fire, Before the Flood" (it might be betterknown as Zoocoustic) that has the Rotterdam version (I think) but the sound quality is ho-hum.
  9. Milan 2009 is incredible, full version of Stand By Me at the end <3
  10. If you depend on sound quality I definitely recommend you to go for Zoo Stockholm

11. Yeah, I listern to that show a lot. I know I'm being way too picky here but I thought I'd leave that one out becasue it is already what I deem to be the perfect show - in terms of setlist anyway.
  12. Rotterdam 93 FO SHO.
    The crowd is HUGE in this version, in the recording it literally sounds like everyone in the stadium is singing with Bono. Plus Bono's screw ups with the lyrics only make the performance that much more magical:

I have held, hand of the devil
    I have kissed, the hand of the devil
    it was warm in the night,
    I was cold as a stone

Then during the regular break, he sings an extra verse (if it was improvised I'm impressed), this extra verse always gives me goosebumps:
    (I think this is what he's saying)

I have kissed, more than I see
    More than the light
    More than the dreams
    I'm caught in the rapture,
    i'm caught in the rapture of your love

I have reached, for answers
    I have questioned, too many now
    Too many to get answered
    In one long night

that last stanza is what it's all about my friends.