1. Another 5 star episode. I was fully expecting the JFK assasination to run in the background of the finale, but the writers knew better. Man they nailed it. All of the pettiness that opened the show, Pete's job, Margaret's wedding, and even the Don/Dick reveal, came to crashing halt. I jumped out of my seat, when the CBS bulletin started, so quietly behind Pete and Harry. The way people, one after another, were pulled from their lives into the national tragedy. I even liked Duck turning the tv off so he could get laid. And Betty's scream during the Oswald assassination.

Which leads us to next week. I don't know what to expect, but I can't wait to find out.
  2. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

Another 5 star episode. I was fully expecting the JFK assasination to run in the background of the finale, but the writers knew better. Man they nailed it. All of the pettiness that opened the show, Pete's job, Margaret's wedding, and even the Don/Dick reveal, came to crashing halt. I jumped out of my seat, when the CBS bulletin started, so quietly behind Pete and Harry. The way people, one after another, were pulled from their lives into the national tragedy. I even liked Duck turning the tv off so he could get laid. And Betty's scream during the Oswald assassination.

Which leads us to next week. I don't know what to expect, but I can't wait to find out.

I know, when Cronky showed up on the telly, I was just like "No...they can't...WHAT ABOUT NEXT WEEK?!?!?"
    "Katherine! People are trying to sleep here!"
    "Whoops, sorry mom"
    Then I watched relatively quietly, although the hicky conversation was creepy. Duck needs to keep his shirt on so I don't throw up in my mouth
    And Roger and Joan's conversation on the phone? I loved it, one of the best parts of the episode, along with the "I don't love you anymore" part.

Good God, I love this show
  3. Sterling Cooper Draper Price?
    Last night's Mad Men was one for the ages. A show that delights in delaying payoffs, had one in just about every scene. I loved every second of the episode.
    But..
    Is this the end of Mad Men as we know it? What about the key cast members left behind? Is the marriage really over? Seems like Season 4 is going to be a lot like Weeds 4th season. An almost totally different show. Could be genius. Could be the moment we look back on as the end of the show.
  4. Originally posted by notcomingdown:Sterling Cooper Draper Price?
    Last night's Mad Men was one for the ages. A show that delights in delaying payoffs, had one in just about every scene. I loved every second of the episode.
    But..
    Is this the end of Mad Men as we know it? What about the key cast members left behind? Is the marriage really over? Seems like Season 4 is going to be a lot like Weeds 4th season. An almost totally different show. Could be genius. Could be the moment we look back on as the end of the show.

Agh, I don't know what I'll do without Paul and Ken! And I really hope Betty will see the light, and stop being such a bitch to Don. I really do have hope for it though.

And Joan is back baby. This makes me happy
  5. Originally posted by katherine94:[..]
    Agh, I don't know what I'll do without Paul and Ken! And I really hope Betty will see the light, and stop being such a bitch to Don. I really do have hope for it though.

And Joan is back baby. This makes me happy

Paul can go. Did he have a line this season that was not a whine? Ken I love. The small touches in last night's episode were unreal. I think Betty may not see the light. The show is dark enough not to have a happy reunion at the end of next season. Can't wait. As sad as I am the season is over. The Prisoner starts next week. I doubt it will touch the original, but Mckellen makes me want to watch.
  6. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

Paul can go. Did he have a line this season that was not a whine? Ken I love. The small touches in last night's episode were unreal. I think Betty may not see the light. The show is dark enough not to have a happy reunion at the end of next season. Can't wait. As sad as I am the season is over. The Prisoner starts next week. I doubt it will touch the original, but Mckellen makes me want to watch.

Yeah, but when they told him to shave his beard, and he said "What?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?" I laughed rather hard. Although seeing him prepare to jerk off in his office was rather disturbing O_o
    Yeah, I won't be surprised if she sticks with Henry the creeper. Or, I could see her ending it with him, and Don not wanting to take her back. When he called her a whore, I wanted to do a dance. Stupid Betty
  7. I wanted to dance when the men started shoving that piece of paper around not knowing where anything was. Joan knows! My other favorite part was when Pete made Don give him the sales pitch. I love Pete even more after that.
  8. Originally posted by notcomingdown:I wanted to dance when the men started shoving that piece of paper around not knowing where anything was. Joan knows! My other favorite part was when Pete made Don give him the sales pitch. I love Pete even more after that.

1000 posts! Go you!

And Joan is such an awesome lady, I loved her and Roger bickering like an old married couple. They better hook up. The part with Peggy, Trudy and Pete all standing near each other made me giggle. Awwwkward.
    Pete carrying his rifle-LMAO

I loved Layne getting fired and then being all "Jolly good! Happy Christmas!" I find him completely adorable
  9. Originally posted by katherine94:[..]

1000 posts! Go you!

And Joan is such an awesome lady, I loved her and Roger bickering like an old married couple. They better hook up. The part with Peggy, Trudy and Pete all standing near each other made me giggle. Awwwkward.
    Pete carrying his rifle-LMAO

I loved Layne getting fired and then being all "Jolly good! Happy Christmas!" I find him completely adorable

Love Layne becoming one of the group. I noticed the rifle too. Remember last year's finale after Peggy told him about the baby he sat in his office with it. A lesser show would have made a bigger deal about Trudy and Peggy interacting. Now I'm a Party Girl. Whoo-hoo
  10. Originally posted by notcomingdown:[..]

Love Layne becoming one of the group. I noticed the rifle too. Remember last year's finale after Peggy told him about the baby he sat in his office with it. A lesser show would have made a bigger deal about Trudy and Peggy interacting. Now I'm a Party Girl. Whoo-hoo

Layne is just awesome, at first I hated him, but I can't get enough of the guy And the subtleties of Mad Men make it that much more wonderful
  11. Originally posted by notcomingdown:Sterling Cooper Draper Price?
    But..

On a side note, it kind of reminded me of The Office last season when Michael started his own paper company, and the show kind of dropped off a bit. I hope that doesn't happen with MM.
  12. I've just watched the first episode of Black Books. Can't decide whether it sucks or it's hilarious.