1. From atU2:

MILLIONAIRE entrepreneur Harry Crosbie is to spend a fortune building a shrine to his beloved U2.

The Dublin businessman is to create the tribute to the world's biggest band at his new Point Village on the site of the old Point Depot in the Docklands.

Crosbie is hoping the U2 Experience, as it has been dubbed, will attract millions of U2 fans from across the globe.

The tribute will consist of huge pictures and statues of the Dublin supergroup as well as memorabilia and other items similar to the Beatles museum in Liverpool.

The shrine is set to become the first official museum to Bono and the boys.

A source close to Crosbie said it was his tribute to the band but he hoped the museum would also become a profitable business venture.

"Harry is set to spend a lot of money on the U2 experience. He is very friendly with the band and they are fully aware of his plans and think it's a great idea," the source said.

"There's talk of interactive pieces as well as the usual U2 memorabilia and film shows and history of the band. What it will be is a professional set-up that will rival anything of a similar nature around the world."

When built, the museum will be directly across the River Liffey from the U2 Tower - the skyscraper will house the band's new recording studio on the top two floors.

The U2 Experience will also be part of Crosbie's plans for the Point Village, which will increase the capacity of the original Point Depot to a 14,000-seater.

The village will also include shopping outlets and flats.

Dublin City Council has also given the green light for a new Luas link to service the area.

Sounds great, the U2 tower, this museum, Dublin will be the place to be next year or so
  2. yay! another reason to go back to Dublin
  3. yeah, like this is what need: Bono's ego to grow even more!

hope it will be nice!
  4. I'll definately go there as soon as possible. Another reason to go to Dublin indeed...
  5. all this only 2 hours down the road. Great
  6. Originally posted by an07yay! another reason to go back to Dublin
    Yay! Another reason to GO to Dublin
  7. Wow well i ve never been to Dublin But looks like im going soon
  8. Really great news!!Thanks about it Remy!!
    Yeah...I need to save (more) money...I wanna go to Dublin too!!!

See you all friends!!
  9. Great!!!
  10. Oh. Yes!

Live in the Lake District now, so it's more accessible than ever. Will be over in a shot!!
  11. Wow. Now THAT'S what I call a tribute!
  12. Dublin...
    I'M ARRIVIIIIIIIIIIIING..............!!!!!!!!!!