1. Hi guys

I read in a site that Bono will be in South Africa with other artists (Beyonce and Annie Lennox and other bands) to participate in a concert with Mandela on December 1st this year...

Does anyone knows something about it?

Greetings from Brazil!
  2. Another silly rumor. Until I read in in a reliable source (u2.com, atu2.com, etc) i won't believe.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongAnother silly rumor. Until I read in in a reliable source (u2.com, atu2.com, etc) i won't believe.

That's true and that's because I posted it here....if anybody in u2start knows...

See you friend!
  4. 46664; on World Aids Day; in Africa... sounds possible to me. We'll see in time.
  5. South Africa is not Africa at all. Money, diamonds... Where is the poverty there? Play in Uganda and show you have balls.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASongSouth Africa is not Africa at all. Money, diamonds... Where is the poverty there? Play in Uganda and show you have balls.

I agree. Although there's still much poverty in South Africa. But a show in countries like Uganda...would be magnificent.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASongWhere is the poverty there?

In the homelands/ townships.
  8. Originally posted by yeahIn the homelands/ townships.
    Yeah I know where actually is the poverty. My comment was simply a try to show that really South Africa is not a poor country like Congo, Uganda, etc. Playing South Africa is more or less like playing Poland or Brazil. Do you understand me?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yeah I know where actually is the poverty. My comment was simply a try to show that really South Africa is not a poor country like Congo, Uganda, etc. Playing South Africa is more or less like playing Poland or Brazil. Do you understand me?

I get your point
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yeah I know where actually is the poverty. My comment was simply a try to show that really South Africa is not a poor country like Congo, Uganda, etc. Playing South Africa is more or less like playing Poland or Brazil. Do you understand me?

I get your point and I partly agree with you. What escapes me is what that has to do with the rumour about Bono's appearance in Johannesburg...
  11. Originally posted by yeahI get your point and I partly agree with you. What escapes me is what that has to do with the rumour about Bono's appearance in Johannesburg...
    To answer this last post, I will quote myself:
    Originally posted by LikeASongSouth Africa is not Africa at all. Money, diamonds... Where is the poverty there? Play in Uganda and show you have balls.
  12. Okay, I'll rephrase my post: 46664, World Aids Day, in a subsuharian country with an AIDS rate of 20%. Sounds possible to me.