1. Interesting this, the worlds second best nicknamed guitarist (;)) has developed a riff for the Velvet Revolver song 'she builds quick machines', that is oh so similar to our main mans riff to a certian song. Tell me if you can figure it out which one...

2. the thief.. he stole vertigo!!! haha
  3. Lol. The song is nice but the main riff is really stolen from Vertigo. I've just adding my comment to the video...
  4. Vertigo is a copied riff too (from this )
  5. I don't think that these 3 riffs are similar enough to say they were "stolen".
    There are lots of times when you come up with a great riff without knowing that something similar exists. I believe that this is the case here.
  6. Originally posted by thechickenI don't think that these 3 riffs are similar enough to say they were "stolen".
    There are lots of times when you come up with a great riff without knowing that something similar exists. I believe that this is the case here.

how could someone not know of the existence of Vertigo?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyhow could someone not know of the existence of Vertigo?
    Very people doesn't. Maybe TheChicken is right. Maybe you don't steal a rythm or a riff, it just influences your composing from your sub-conscient mind because you heard it once. I know this things happen.
  8. Coincidentally do you know how Edge described the Vertigo riff?

'its one of those eternal riffs, one which you think has been there forever'
  9. Oh come on, ol' curly hair nicked it.
  10. Ever listened to Dirty Boots from Sonic Youth?
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

how could someone not know of the existence of Vertigo?

Vertigo is not THAT popular...like LikeASong said, many people don't know it...and even if they do, it doesn't proof that it was "stolen"...maybe they just forgot it, or heard it just once.