1. Post any embarasing or funny stories you have here.

When I first got the Joshua Tree I listened to it end to end 4 or 5 times in a row. On the last run I fell asleep sometime between Running to Stand Still and Mothers of the Disappeared.
  2. I always though they were an Americain band.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Stop, doooon't shoot at me ! It was b-e-f-o-r-e I had my relevation and became a real fan.

but still ... U2 from AMÉRICA ! lol
  3. There hasen't been a good American band since Bon Jovi, ironically also 1 of the only still succesful 80s icons.
  4. We all have our opinions, but I dont think Bon Jovi has been good since the '80's......
  5. Originally posted by GuentherWe all have our opinions, but I dont think Bon Jovi has been good since the '80's......

The quality of their output (or otherwise) doesn't detract from the fact that they are still huge artists with a massive following who still sell out huge venues.
    And I liked Keep the Faith....

U2-wise; nothing specific but I do have a reputation for turning any conversation round to U2 at some point when I'm out with friends. Well, sometimes the conversations need improving!..
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

The quality of their output (or otherwise) doesn't detract from the fact that they are still huge artists with a massive following who still sell out huge venues.
    And I liked Keep the Faith....

U2-wise; nothing specific but I do have a reputation for turning any conversation round to U2 at some point when I'm out with friends. Well, sometimes the conversations need improving!..

yep, yep. same.

Or, 'did you know' followed by n insanel obscure U2 related fact... haha
  7. I forgot this one. 1 time noone was home so I was listening to I Will Follow as loud as my headphones would go and singing along as loud as possible. My family pulled up in the driveway and I didn't here them. For the next week they would just randomly start sing the chorus to annoy me.
  8. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01I forgot this one. 1 time noone was home so I was listening to I Will Follow as loud as my headphones would go and singing along as loud as possible. My family pulled up in the driveway and I didn't here them. For the next week they would just randomly start sing the chorus to annoy me.

Ow my god, that should have been very " "y !! :-\

I too have a reputation of getting U2 out of anything ...last one being an iranian tv series about drugs, which was called "Scream without a sound" ... I somehow connected it to "Scream without raising your voice" in RTSS, and got the conclusion that they've stolen the name from U2 ...well the song is about heroin...you can see the connection, right?!

Nothing really embaressing, I too in the very beginning thought U2 were from the US ...nothing else really, maybe some lyrics that I heard wrong..."and in leather lace and chains" 's last words were heard "saint james"...but well, it happens

9. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

been there, done that!
    I'm a international affairs student, so it's not very hard to put u2-related(specially bono's, of course) stuff in between conversations!
    but the last story i can remember happened yesterday! xD I was making a test about international affairs theory and the test was about Sarajevo! Guess what I've remembered?
    So i've spend the hole time trying to get the "is there a time" out of my head and concentrate on the questions... for my surprise, the last page of the test was the lyrics for miss sarajevo!!

not really an embarasing story, but still funny!!
  10. Originally posted by _BrownEyedGirl_[..]

... for my surprise, the last page of the test was the lyrics for miss sarajevo!!

That's amazing! How was it there?! Was it just something nice to be there or was it part of a question? Anyways...that should have been awesome for you

Damn! Now I have to listen to miss sarajevo!!
  11. It was just there, along with some other "texts" to insipre our answers!!
    Well, it defininetely inspired me!! lol
  12. Originally posted by _BrownEyedGirl_It was just there, along with some other "texts" to insipre our answers!!
    Well, it defininetely inspired me!! lol

Sure did...I'm studying Electrical Engineering...maybe I should ask them to put in some "Electric Co." lyrics in there...would inspire me for sure!