1. Some great news from our trusty Hollywood trade magazine Variety:

'U2' on tour in 3-D
    National Geographic picks up documentary
    By Pamela McClintock

National Geographic Cinema Ventures has picked up upcoming concert docu "U2 3D," which it will distribute both domestically and internationally.

"U2 3D" will be released in late January in 3-D only.

Pic was lensed in South America during the band's "Vertigo" tour entirely in digital 3-D. In the U.S., theater owners were recently treated to an extended clip of the film at exhib confab ShowEast.

Concert pic was produced by 3ality Digital and directed by Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington. Owens has been U2's visual content director for more than 15 years, while Pellington directed the band's "One" video.

"Digital 3-D is a new cinema medium that truly allows moviegoers to immerse themselves in the experience, energy and emotion of being in a prime seat at a U2 concert," 3ality Digital CEO Sandy Climan said.

National Geographic Cinema Ventures prexy Lisa Truitt sad the release of "U2 3D" is a natural expansion of her division's growing presence in theatrical distribution.

Producers are 3ality Digital's Jon Shapiro, Peter Shapiro and John Modell, as well as Owens. Climan, Michael Peyser and David Modell exec produced.

I know that this was stated in the other U2 3D thread, but this news deserves its own.

First PopMart, then Joshua Tree's 20th and this!? What an awesome time to be a U2 fan.

Holla!

2. I'd never thougt U2 and NatGeo could ever work together! hope the docu will come soon
  3. Sad U2 postpones all their releases nowadays.

Happened with the Popmart DVD, Joshua Tree anniversary edition and now this.

Why the hell can't U2 just publish a date and hold on to that?

Well, at least it's coming.
  4. Originally posted by RemySad U2 postpones all their releases nowadays.

Happened with the Popmart DVD, Joshua Tree anniversary edition and now this.

Why the hell can't U2 just publish a date and hold on to that?

Well, at least it's coming.

I agree. It's complete. Just release it already.
  5. As frustrating as it is, I'd rather have them make sure it's perfect than rushing some half-assed release, you know?
  6. Originally posted by haytrainAs frustrating as it is, I'd rather have them make sure it's perfect than rushing some half-assed release, you know?

I'm sorry, but we're not discussing October or Zooropa.
  7. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I'm sorry, but we're not discussing October or Zooropa.

Hahaha....I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want to shell out my hard earned cash, then leave the theater thinking "Wow, I got ripped off."
  8. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Hahaha....I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want to shell out my hard earned cash, then leave the theater thinking "Wow, I got ripped off."

I know what you mean. That's what I'm afraid of.
  9. Guys, guys... let's focus on the positive here.

A film getting a distributor is awesome, and because of this I officially love National Geographic.

Also, U2 have not been the most enthusiastic band when it comes to deadlines. When you read U2 by U2, a good amount of their albums were finished at the last minute before a certain deadline (War; Achtung Baby; Pop). So, in some way, this is normal for them.

P.S. Zooropa is awesome. No dissing Zooropa.
  10. Originally posted by ReclinerManGuys, guys... let's focus on the positive here.

A film getting a distributor is awesome, and because of this I officially love National Geographic.

Also, U2 have not been the most enthusiastic band when it comes to deadlines. When you read U2 by U2, a good amount of their albums were finished at the last minute before a certain deadline (War; Achtung Baby; Pop). So, in some way, this is normal for them.

P.S. Zooropa is awesome. No dissing Zooropa.

I completely agree. And yes, Zooropa is awesome. Just joking.
  11. Is it possible they will release it as a dvd? Despite it being 2D. They better.
  12. Originally posted by thefly07Is it possible they will release it as a dvd? Despite it being 2D. They better.

I would think so. Most IMAX films are released on DVD. And U2 releases just about everything filmed of themselves.