1. Well, got this in the mail today:

On November 10th, we will launch our storage revision program.
    Accounts that use more than 20 GB of storage will be marked as "XXL" accounts by our system.
    If any files associated with an "XXL" account have not been downloaded within the last 90 days ("inactive files"), those files will be deleted automatically.
    As soon as the account's storage is less than 20 GB, no further files will be deleted.
    Of course, no active files (i.e. files that have been downloaded at least once during the last 90 days) will be deleted. This means, we still offer unlimited storage for active files.

Your account's current storage utilization is over 20 GB, which means your account will be marked as "XXL".
    Please check your account for files that you no longer need and remove them.
    This helps to avoid the deletion of files you would like to keep.

You can check your current storage utilization at any time in the premium zone, right above the files list.

Too bad, Rapidshare is starting to be a little more near the low level of Megaupload

My account has 85 GB of storage now, almost all of them bootlegs and video downloads. I hate this! This will result in much more uploads needed starting November 20, some bootlegs even every 90 days.
  2. that doesnt make for good reading
  3. Guess I won't be buying a rapidshare subscription then, lol.
  4. Bastards
  5. sounds crap indeed :-/. I hope there'll be a rather decent solution for you...
  6. Originally posted by loftarasasounds crap indeed :-/. I hope there'll be a rather decent solution for you...
    Not only for Remy... This crap also affects to you an me, to all of us. Lots of bootlegs (mainly the less known and less downloaded) will be deleted due to inactivity. Shit
  7. This is bad indeed.

I guess we'll have to keep a more active eye on who has what and if necessary have a request forum for the more rare shows so that they can be uploaded as necessary.

Just makes much more work for everyone.

Suggestion - get in there now (buy a one month account) and get downloading
  8. Originally posted by djrlewisThis is bad indeed.

I guess we'll have to keep a more active eye on who has what and if necessary have a request forum for the more rare shows so that they can be uploaded as necessary.

Just makes much more work for everyone.

Suggestion - get in there now (buy a one month account) and get downloading
    Listen (you all). Once I participated in a famous spanish forum (U2 East Link), and someone uploaded the whole Lovetown tour. We said, oh that's great, etc etc. But someone had the idea of setting up some kind of "surveillance service", in order to prevent those concerts being deleted. He set up a special Forum where he said "Djrlewis, this week you will download Devore 1983-05-30 and Dortmund 1989-12-14... LikeASong, this week you'll download Boston 1980-12-13 and Osaka 1989-12-01 (ETC)", due to prevent the forum to lose the links.
    It's a great way to do it. How many (active) users are we? 100? 140? Well, If each one downloads one show per week, it means that in 90 days all the shows would be "Active" and Rapidhsare could NOT delete any show.

Have I explained myself?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Listen (you all). Once I participated in a famous spanish forum (U2 East Link), and someone uploaded the whole Lovetown tour. We said, oh that's great, etc etc. But someone had the idea of setting up some kind of "surveillance service", in order to prevent those concerts being deleted. He set up a special Forum where he said "Djrlewis, this week you will download Devore 1983-05-30 and Dortmund 1989-12-14... LikeASong, this week you'll download Boston 1980-12-13 and Osaka 1989-12-01 (ETC)", due to prevent the forum to lose the links.
    It's a great way to do it. How many (active) users are we? 100? 140? Well, If each one downloads one show per week, it means that in 90 days all the shows would be "Active" and Rapidhsare could NOT delete any show.

Have I explained myself?

Yes you do, I think I may find an easy solution. Rapidshare displays when a file is downloaded for the last time (if I'm correct), I can post that information here.
  10. Bad news. Many unknown bootlegs will stay unkown, they aren't downloadable from here...why?? Hope there is a good solution. Posting it here is a good idea.
  11. Originally posted by RemyYes you do, I think I may find an easy solution. Rapidshare displays when a file is downloaded for the last time (if I'm correct), I can post that information here.
    Yes, it displays it indeed. But... Are you going to check 500 or more bootlegs? Are you MAD?
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Yes, it displays it indeed. But... Are you going to check 500 or more bootlegs? Are you MAD?

I can write a script that automatically checks it. Plus I have a lot of information in the database about when bootlegs are downloaded, I can use that too.