1. Love them both, but got to go with Xanax.
  2. I think xanax is just in the lead...not that i'm biased or anything
  3. I like Xanax best. I'd feel this one would go better live.
  4. I'll be the dissenter who prefers Fast Cars. Granted, I'd never heard Xanax until now, when I watched the video. I like the flamenco-style of Fast Cars. Xanax reminded me of...well, if U2 were a garage band trying to cover Fast Cars.
  5. Fast Cars. Xanax sounds to me just like the proto- version that it is.

Both aren't among my fav tracks.

Alex
  6. I prefer Fast Cars.....
  7. Originally posted by double_psycheI'll be the dissenter who prefers Fast Cars. Granted, I'd never heard Xanax until now, when I watched the video. I like the flamenco-style of Fast Cars. Xanax reminded me of...well, if U2 were a garage band trying to cover Fast Cars.

hm, I always thought that "Xanax.." was the early version of "Fast Cars" ? Something like "Always" was before it became "Beautiful Day".
  8. Originally posted by loftarasa[..]

hm, I always thought that "Xanax.." was the early version of "Fast Cars" ? Something like "Always" was before it became "Beautiful Day".

That matches my understanding too. I guess the question is was it better before they made further changes to it or should they have left it alone

(same could be applied to Salome and Lady With The Spinning Head evolving into the Acthung songs, but still bloody good songs in their own right)
  9. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

That matches my understanding too. I guess the question is was it better before they made further changes to it or should they have left it alone

(same could be applied to Salome and Lady With The Spinning Head evolving into the Acthung songs, but still bloody good songs in their own right)

Yeah, I feel they should have left xanax alone, what a brilliant title to a song too!!
  10. Xanax rocks but then the spanish guitar thing on Fast Cars is cool too.

I think I prefer Xanax
  11. Fast Cars for me!!! One off my top ten tunes...
  12. im all for the fast cars I guess I prefer the "finished" version over the "working on it".