1. Pride (In the Name Of Love).....

Right, you know on the album version, edge plays a bridge

( 1 min 59 - 2 min17 )

why does he not play this live? any ideas? or does he?

thanks!
  2. Never noticed. I'm going to have a listen and get back. But I suspect one of the guitarists on the forum could answer better.

Bump the topic if no-one replies straight away....
  3. Originally posted by indiewaremassivePride (In the Name Of Love).....

Right, you know on the album version, edge plays a bridge

( 1 min 59 - 2 min17 )

why does he not play this live? any ideas? or does he?

thanks!

Never noticed that either...good question.
  4. It's been a long time since I listened to the stdio version. Indeed, he never played that bridge, who knows why...
  5. I asked the moderator guy of another forum, (before i joined u2start of course) and he didnt know what i was talking about...
    ...att least you guys know what i'm saying!!
  6. Weird...I hadn't noticed that! I don't think there is any special reason, maybe it's to avoid Bono make another speech out of it
  7. Weird...I hadn't noticed that! I don't think there is any special reason, maybe it's to avoid Bono making another speech out of it

EDIT: oops, clicked on send twice...could some crew member be kind and delete the double post?
  8. Yeah I hear what your talking about. Considering thats just some 2nd guitar going on, maybe the song flows better playing the main riff there live. Plus don't they kind of bring it down at that point during the live show?
  9. Originally posted by fendermanYeah I hear what your talking about. Considering thats just some 2nd guitar going on, maybe the song flows better playing the main riff there live. Plus don't they kind of bring it down at that point during the live show?

This is true, and pride has been slowed down as the years have gone on. But even on the Unforgettable Fire tour it was non-existent

Damn that elusive bridge!
  10. Back to the top please. Someone must know?!
  11. Originally posted by indiewaremassiveBack to the top please. Someone must know?!

You need Sergio. He's been out of action a few days; must be busy with his healing wounds. Bump it or PM him when he's back on.
  12. Edge might not like playing it. It's definatley and additional guitar. Maybe he just finds it easier to play the main riff over again