1. The only way it seems to answer this, is to ask the man himself

Who's got Edge's mobile number please?
  2. Originally posted by indiewaremassiveThe only way it seems to answer this, is to ask the man himself

Who's got Edge's mobile number please?

haha i had it but i lost it

3. Originally posted by fenderman[..]

haha i had it but i lost it

Let me get my phone out. I've got him in my contacts list...
  4. I've found a video on you tube of someone playing it...

check it out its really good whoever it is...might be someone on the forum for all i know!

5. Originally posted by Ali709EDIT: oops, clicked on send twice...could some crew member be kind and delete the double post?
    We cant delete posts, just edit them...
    Originally posted by djrlewisYou need Sergio. He's been out of action a few days; must be busy with his healing wounds. Bump it or PM him when he's back on.
    Im here. From today I will connect everyday at least one hour, so wait for me.

Hello and bye!!!!
  6. from an edge-imitating guitarist...

this been already been touched on but to confirm, you DEFINITELY need 2 guitars for it to sound good.

the main riff is foundational and that bridge part is extra. to only play the extra part without the foundation would sound very very awkward.

i am about 99.9999% sure they must have tried to pull it off during UF soundchecks & rehearsals because it's such an amazing part of the recorded version. but because bono is a lousy guitarist they must have thought it better to just play the main riff.
  7. Originally posted by u2met86from an edge-imitating guitarist...

this been already been touched on but to confirm, you DEFINITELY need 2 guitars for it to sound good.

the main riff is foundational and that bridge part is extra. to only play the extra part without the foundation would sound very very awkward.

i am about 99.9999% sure they must have tried to pull it off during UF soundchecks & rehearsals because it's such an amazing part of the recorded version. but because bono is a lousy guitarist they must have thought it better to just play the main riff.

Nice info, thanks!
  8. Sorry but im everything except a good and competent musician.

So whats a brigde ?
  9. To my understanding, its a guitar part in a song that links a solo to the verses/chorus. This might be after or before the solo, in the case of pride, its afterwards.

I might be wrong...i hope im not though
  10. Edge played the part you're all talking about at one of the Under Australian Skies shows on 1984-08-31. I don't think it's been played since. I totally agree, though, it definitely adds to the song, IMHO. In any form I love Pride as its one of the tunes that got me hooked on U2, but I would be absolutely ecstatic if they were to revitalize it and have Edge include this bridge part on the next tour. Here's hoping!!!
  11. Ditto!
  12. there is a longer version of preide too...its on one of the two 12"s that were released(its the white cover one with the band on the front) and its probably the best version of pride ive heard!