1. Originally posted by djrlewis
    Best Single:Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

are u sure u meant open your eyes?
    or did u mean chasing cars?
  2. i agree with your best live act, definitely.

best album- i havent heared the new foo fighters or the editors albums, but Biffy clyro- puzzle and kings of leon- because of these times for me have to be the best so far (that i know of) .

edit: OMG how could i forget the twang's album- love it when i feel like this. absolutly awesome and extremely underated. In fact i would say that wide awake and either way are possibly the best singles of the year.
  3. The Eagles own your fucking souls. I grew up listening to The Eagles. My mom used to blare them in the car when I was 5. Give them a break. Let them release whatever they want. At leaset they still sound the same.
  4. Best Album: Neon Bible, Arcade Fire
    Runner Up: "In Rainbows - Radiohead. Might go to No. 1 but I haven't listened to it enough yet" I completely agree
    Best Single: I Still Remember, Bloc Party
    Best Album Title: Drastic Fantastic, Kt Tunstall
    Best Live Act: Muse
    Worst Public Descent into Hell:Britney Spears
    Worst Release by a Legend: Wild Blue Yonder, Paul Weller
    Best Release by a Legend: Lord Don't Slow Me Down (Single), Oasis
  5. Best album - Editors - An End Has a Start
    Runners up - Travis - Boy With no Name
    Stereophonics - Pull The Pin
    White Stripes - Icky Thump
    Best Single - Editors - Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
    Matchbox 20 - How Far We've Come
    Foo Fighters - the Pretender
    Travis - My Eyes, Selfish Jean, Closer
    Best Album Title - SoftLightes - Say No To Being Cool Say Yes to Being Happy (mediocre album, cool name)
    Best Live Act - (no opinion)
    Worst Public Descent into Hell - Spears
    Worst Release by a Legend - (no opinion)
    Best Release by a Legend - (no opinion)
  6. Originally posted by Angel_or_Devil[..]

are u sure u meant open your eyes?
    or did u mean chasing cars?

As far as I recall Chasing Cars came out in 2006.
    Open Your Eyes was released as a single this year. I love it. I had a look through my 2007 playlist and I couldn't find anything else that beat it for me.
  7. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01The Eagles own your fucking souls. I grew up listening to The Eagles. My mom used to blare them in the car when I was 5. Give them a break. Let them release whatever they want. At leaset they still sound the same.

I knew you were very fond of the Eagles and I might upset you with that choice. Of course they can release what they want; any artist should have the freedom to do that.
    I just didn't like it personally. Maybe it will grow on me, but for me this year I only had three legends to choose from in my opinion - McCartney, Eagles and Bruce - and the other albums were better for me than the Eagles one. Just my opinion.
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

As far as I recall Chasing Cars came out in 2006.

ah right ok, Time just flies by. I must confess i don't listen to the radio much these days. Didn't know open your eyes became a single.
  9. Originally posted by Angel_or_Devil[..]

ah right ok, Time just flies by. I must confess i don't listen to the radio much these days. Didn't know open your eyes became a single.

I try to avoid it as much as possible

It certainly was a single, although it didn't set the charts on fire.

Awesome video though:-