1. Is it just me, or do not many people play exclusively with fingers? Mark Knopfler and Lindsey Buckingham are the best ones I can think of. Listen to some of the Live versions of Sultans of Swing (MK) by Dire Straits and Go your Own Way (LB) by Fleetwood Mac to get the idea.
  2. Some people do play exclusively with their fingers, but like 90% of the guitar players use a pick.
  3. i loveeeeeeee lindsey buckingham

i have been playing guitar most of my life and i do not use a pick. i love finger picking, i use the buckingham style and it truly is better than anyone else in the world. i don't even us a pick when i do U2 songs, when my thumb is tired i just use a thumb pick, thats what i mostly do.
  4. Daniel Lanois uses his fingers and can get from a whisper to a scream with his hands alone. If you never seen Daniel Lanois play live - you are missing out.

And you never know what 'guests' show up to play with him. IE: May of 2003 in Hollywood - not only did Marianne Faithful come up to sing a tune but THE EDGE came up to sing/play THREE tunes.

Cheers