1. It is clearly no doubt that 2007 was the year of The Joshua Tree revival with its re-release topping this year's events. Next year, 2008 will thus mean that the follow-up multi-media project, the fan-dividing 'Rattle and Hum' will celebrate its 20th anniversary. While the album definately should be left alone, the movie should deserve a re-release treatment, as the original DVD issue which was released in late 1999, is a bit outdated and disappointing with only a movie trailer sppearing as extra footage on this release. As there is many stuff already known for collectors (Outtakes & Rough Cut) there must be a way to convince Paramount to finally give R&H the attention it deserves. No new cut is necessary, but a new DVD with at least 1 disc full of extras should be released for the 20th anniversary. Re-mastered extra material from Joanou's tapes, without the counter, with better sound...this would make a brilliant package.

Should this be only a dream? What do you think?
  2. Nice idea! I think it's unlikely but would be great...
  3. PS

Welcome to U2Start

Please say hello to everyone and tell us about yourself HERE
  4. its only been recentley released in HD DVD format so i'm pretty doubtful. I reckon the new album will be due next year also so I think they'l put all their eggs in that basket.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyits only been recentley released in HD DVD format so i'm pretty doubtful. I reckon the new album will be due next year also so I think they'l put all their eggs in that basket.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in a new Rattle and Hum either. It's perfect the way it is now.
  6. sounds wonderfull since this movie has some really cool stuff, but as mention before a brand new album is expected therfor they won't do it.
  7. Originally posted by walkonsounds wonderfull since this movie has some really cool stuff, but as mention before a brand new album is expected therfor they won't do it.

The good thing is that re-releasing this movie would belong to Paramount Pictures, not Universal/Island - which means if U2 would make a new album in 2008, Paramount would ride its waves with re-releasing 'R&H' as an Anniversary Edition. I think this would sell quite well, this would be a good business decision - and a good offer to us fans as well.
  8. Originally posted by jean_pasquerel[..]

The good thing is that re-releasing this movie would belong to Paramount Pictures, not Universal/Island - which means if U2 would make a new album in 2008, Paramount would ride its waves with re-releasing 'R&H' as an Anniversary Edition. I think this would sell quite well, this would be a good business decision - and a good offer to us fans as well.

true. but theres been too many re-releases this past year. We've had Sydney and Popmart DVD's, this new Joshua Tree and not too mention U218. Although i'm happy with all this its still too much old and not enough new I think.
  9. Originally posted by jean_pasquerel[..]

im with you, and i wish what youre saying will happen.
  10. i would love if they did this
  11. Are we all forgetting about Red Rocks? That should be the next re-release. I doubt that it will be re-released. Not enough new stuff to use as a promotion.
  12. yea redrocks was awsome they really should put that one on dvd