1. love the picture disk and mine still in seal never took it out thanks for the turntable
  2. Fair enough, i do always open mine and like to give them a spin from time to time.
  3. do it with the originals (old) but with all the new ones nooooo let them in the seal
  4. On the subject of this song, and the last minute decision not to make it JT's first single in favour of WOWY.... How different would the story have been if they had finally released RHMT as the first single? It certainly would have affected JT's popularity: the album most probably wouldn't have exploded in the brutal way it did thanks to WOWY and it wouldn't have catapulted the band to mega stardom. That might have stopped them from recording Rattle And Hum, or at least had it distributed in small theatres as the band intended instead of the big bang release that it was. Maybe the backlash against R&H wouldn't have engulfed the band and maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't have reinvented themselves with the Dream it all up again that crystallised in Achtung Baby and everything that came after.

Small decisions, massive consequences.
  5. All speculation anyway
  6. At least it got it's reprise in 17.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:On the subject of this song, and the last minute decision not to make it JT's first single in favour of WOWY.... How different would the story have been if they had finally released RHMT as the first single? It certainly would have affected JT's popularity: the album most probably wouldn't have exploded in the brutal way it did thanks to WOWY and it wouldn't have catapulted the band to mega stardom. That might have stopped them from recording Rattle And Hum, or at least had it distributed in small theatres as the band intended instead of the big bang release that it was. Maybe the backlash against R&H wouldn't have engulfed the band and maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't have reinvented themselves with the Dream it all up again that crystallised in Achtung Baby and everything that came after.

Small decisions, massive consequences.
    it was supposed to be the 2nd single. According to Lilywhite (in 2017) there were also plans to have it as a first single while recording, but they were not happy with the end result of the song, so that plan was abandoned already (not a last minute decision). In the end it's all small decisions that can make or break a career. There are a few of them during U2's career, and even before they started. I don't think this was a particular close call, Joshua Tree would have been big anyway.
  8. "You may not know this, but within a few days of finishing the album, "Red Hill Mining Town" was our leading contender for the first single. We went ahead and made a video for it with Neil Jordan and we were very pretty confident about it. Then as the weeks went by and we sort of got back our objectivity, views started to change and it became "With or Without You," and I think we were correct. "
    This is not a U2start fact or especulation as you like to say.

It's a literal quote by The Edge.
  9. Thanks for the clarification.
  10. it's an Edge quote, so not a fact necessarily; first he's talking about a few days of finishing the album as a turning point, which corresponds with what Lillywhite said. Then he's talking about weeks going by after they shot the video. If Edge only mixed up With or Without You with Still Haven't found it would fit better into the other quote's and assumed facts. It wouldn't be the first quote of any of the band members where they mix up the facts a bit. But maybe you're right, I'll do a bit more research on this later today.