1. If you opted for The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017 as your 2017 Subscriber gift, it’s now in production and on track for Autumn dispatch.

If it's in production it probably will be songs of the first two legs
  2. This would confirm their first statement about the recordings from the summer NA leg.
  3. Am I the only one who doesn't really care where the live concert is filmed? I'm watching the band, who are the same in every country, not the fans. I get that sometimes they change the show a bit (or Bono rambles about something) based on where they play, but other than that, why does it matter? They could record every DVD in Dublin and I wouldn't really care.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Am I the only one who doesn't really care where the live concert is filmed? I'm watching the band, who are the same in every country, not the fans. I get that sometimes they change the show a bit (or Bono rambles about something) based on where they play, but other than that, why does it matter? They could record every DVD in Dublin and I wouldn't really care.
    For this tour, it doesn't matter the city.
  5. All the JT songs are performed very uniformly and homogeneously (which is a fancy word for predictable) from show to show, so the 4 singles will sound the same no matter which city they choose.
    The variations of Bad, Beautiful Day, etc. don't count for this.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Am I the only one who doesn't really care where the live concert is filmed? I'm watching the band, who are the same in every country, not the fans. I get that sometimes they change the show a bit (or Bono rambles about something) based on where they play, but other than that, why does it matter? They could record every DVD in Dublin and I wouldn't really care.
    I definately agree with this, this was the first tour in a long time where there was such little variation... they could record it in any city. Yes, were a few shows better then others, yes.... did I prefer it when they had "ASOH," and Bad in the setlist as they did in Seattle or the Rose Bowl, but yeah.... I agree any city would be the very much the same..... especially during the Joshua Tree part of the show.
  7. The city for the most part doesn't matter, but I do hope it is a later show because the performances become a bit tighter and, most importantly, his Shadow Man character becomes more fleshed out. The way he transitions from Exit to MoTD really struck me in San Diego and I'm certain it wasn't present during the Rose Bowl shows.
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:The city for the most part doesn't matter, but I do hope it is a later show because the performances become a bit tighter and, most importantly, his Shadow Man character becomes more fleshed out. The way he transitions from Exit to MoTD really struck me in San Diego and I'm certain it wasn't present during the Rose Bowl shows.
    That's interesting. How does he transition?
  9. Ooh, neat! Nice to see that the show is going through those little developments
  10. Yeah, things like setlist preference and performance peak are completely fine, I get that. I would've preferred a 360 DVD from 2011 when the band were performing everything so damn well and the setlist was probably the best that tour saw (IMO).

I'm strictly talking about the geographical location. I'd have loved a 2011 360 DVD, but whether it was in Europe, NA, Australia, doesn't matter (I realize they weren't in those places at that point, but that doesn't matter). I see a lot of people here saying "we've had enough DVDs from the US" - why does that matter? If the performance is good and the setlist is one of the better ones, why does it really matter where it's filmed? I'm from Canada and we haven't had ONE DVD filmed here. Doesn't ruin my enjoyment of them.
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Yeah, things like setlist preference and performance peak are completely fine, I get that. I would've preferred a 360 DVD from 2011 when the band were performing everything so damn well and the setlist was probably the best that tour saw (IMO).

I'm strictly talking about the geographical location. I'd have loved a 2011 360 DVD, but whether it was in Europe, NA, Australia, doesn't matter (I realize they weren't in those places at that point, but that doesn't matter). I see a lot of people here saying "we've had enough DVDs from the US" - why does that matter? If the performance is good and the setlist is one of the better ones, why does it really matter where it's filmed? I'm from Canada and we haven't had ONE DVD filmed here. Doesn't ruin my enjoyment of them.
    But you can see the audience, which is definitely not so enthusiastic as in South America, most of Europe, etc... And the last good U.S. DVD is Boston...