1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I'm just wondering if they keep tabs on who subscribed when and what gift each member has already been given.

I foresee me requesting the 2020 gift when I resubscribe but still getting another 2019 (ie) one. Will they give me a 2020 one anyway? I'm waiting for a response from U2.com about this (apparently I have too much time on my hands).

I think with these things given the money they make from these subscriptions they won’t have an issue with sending out the 2020 gift at your request even if they did send out the 2019 again in error. I would just encourage people to do it before they renew and to keep any emails where they have said that by choosing the 2019 they’ll be happy to send out the 2020 gift instead.
  2. Originally posted by KC11:I have to renew in a month. If I click the renew button I can select different options: songs of i&e, 3D dance mixes or both. But I already have these gifts. Will there be a new gift for 2020?

Few years ago they did not announce the new gift until January or so and subscriptions that have run out before, were extended few times.

Mine was originally a week before christmas and got extended 2 times until mid February, they announced end of January when I renewed, so 31/01 is my date now.

Waiting for the new announcement too, quite sure I will at least not extend my second account.

Oh, my own gift dropped the same day like my mom's (which came free) - at customs. They are playing bingo with the customs form.
    The one arrived: CD 1$
    the one at customs: U2 LIVE SONGS OF INNOCENCE.. 0$ - that's why I had to rush to customs.

Germany will have the 22€ limit (tax free commercial mailings) deleted beginning 2021 - from that day on, all commercial mailings will be taxed from the first €. Pretty sure 2020 will be my last U2com year for that reason. (And LiveNation will always be a commercial sender.)
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I think with these things given the money they make from these subscriptions they won’t have an issue with sending out the 2020 gift at your request even if they did send out the 2019 again in error. I would just encourage people to do it before they renew and to keep any emails where they have said that by choosing the 2019 they’ll be happy to send out the 2020 gift instead.
    Good point.

Due to address mix ups, I think they sent out THREE U23D's (those crummy dance mixes) out to me last year...I have two of them.
  4. I’ll just say that I’m torn between re-subscribing just so I can get the double I & E set and on the other hand not wanting to spend $40 on only that...
  5. You can always wait or buy them on discogs or eBay!
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:I’ll just say that I’m torn between re-subscribing just so I can get the double I & E set and on the other hand not wanting to spend $40 on only that...
    If all you want is the live tracks it's all on YouTube anyway
  7. Maybe this is interesting for people who have to renew... answer from u2.com:

All I can recommend is holding off your renewal for as long as possible. There has been no information regarding what the 2020 Gift may be. If you run out of time, renew your subscription with one of the available items. Then when the new gift is announced, reach out to us and we'll change it for you.
  8. Originally posted by KC11:Maybe this is interesting for people who have to renew... answer from u2.com:

All I can recommend is holding off your renewal for as long as possible. There has been no information regarding what the 2020 Gift may be. If you run out of time, renew your subscription with one of the available items. Then when the new gift is announced, reach out to us and we'll change it for you.
    Exactly the same response I got. They must have a "cut and paste" reply!
  9. Better if they made 2020 gift tba available choice... I have time to the first days of january...
  10. In the past u2.com recognized that for many in the period the subscription had lapsed.

I would wager that you will still be able to get the gift of your choosing.