1. So, where is there any reason to use 4K cams during that show ?
    Just to bring it down to poor DVD quality.
    Strange move
  2. Originally posted by LukaszU2:So, where is there any reason to use 4K cams during that show ?
    Just to bring it down to poor DVD quality.
    Strange move
    Maybe just to have the option to release it in that format but they’ve realised it’s not worth it and settled for the tv airing only. It’s a bit like asking why didn’t they release U23d in 3D same sort of answer the format hasn’t taken off.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:Last sort of thought on the matter. I’m reading that Coldplay didn’t release there last tour dvd in blu Ray, perhaps this is the end of concerts being released in blu Ray or at least it won’t be such a given going forward. Sales have maybe dictated that it isn’t worth the extra cost of blu Ray and most people are happy with dvd.

The blanks are actually equally priced. That might be a difference of a single cent per item, they sell a BluRay up to twice the price of a DVD. A BD cover sheet is smaller than a DVD sheet etc. there's no real "extra" cost.

Well - I am surely not the only stating: you give us a DVD? Keep it, I will NOT pay for that "fanclub" anymore and all the hassles coming with it and without concerts, I totally pay all for the gift meanwhile (go f*ck the merch discount and absolute uninteresting 3 posts a year) which is NOT worth 40$.
    You will not release a BluRay? Then I will not buy it.

(Fogerty also does not release Red Rocks as a BD, there's only a DVD - plus it is ONLY in the US. I will not buy it - I even can't.)

(My multicam hardcopy orders: 2/3 BluRay, 1/3 DVD)
  4. Originally posted by sparko:[..]

The blanks are actually equally priced. That might be a difference of a single cent per item, they sell a BluRay up to twice the price of a DVD. A BD cover sheet is smaller than a DVD sheet etc. there's no real "extra" cost.

Well - I am surely not the only stating: you give us a DVD? Keep it, I will NOT pay for that "fanclub" anymore and all the hassles coming with it and without concerts, I totally pay all for the gift meanwhile (go f*ck the merch discount and absolute uninteresting 3 posts a year) which is NOT worth 40$.
    You will not release a BluRay? Then I will not buy it.

(Fogerty also does not release Red Rocks as a BD, there's only a DVD - plus it is ONLY in the US. I will not buy it - I even can't.)

(My multicam hardcopy orders: 2/3 BluRay, 1/3 DVD)
    You’re not the only one stating it but ultimately they will release what sells the best and if blu Ray sales aren’t high enough they won’t release it. They’ll know what they brought in for I&E Paris in the different formats, we don’t know. I just think Coldplay not releasing there last show in blu Ray is a big giveaway that the formats dying out whether people like it or not. Better formats might be digital only in future which I think Coldplay did do also HD on iTunes.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You’re not the only one stating it but ultimately they will release what sells the best and if blu Ray sales aren’t high enough they won’t release it. They’ll know what they brought in for I&E Paris in the different formats, we don’t know. I just think Coldplay not releasing there last show in blu Ray is a big giveaway that the formats dying out whether people like it or not. Better formats might be digital only in future which I think Coldplay did do also HD on iTunes.
    Dvd's are on a significant decline. Sales have fallen close to 90% over the last decade, accounting for just 10% of market sales overall.

Personally I think it just an opportunity for another cash grab when they inevitably release a blu ray or 4k in the coming years.
  6. Originally posted by kevinu267:[..]
    Dvd's are on a significant decline. Sales have fallen close to 90% over the last decade, accounting for just 10% of market sales overall.

Personally I think it just an opportunity for another cash grab when they inevitably release a blu ray or 4k in the coming years.
    Yes but DVD’s still out place blu Ray and 4K sales wise so maybe they’re thinking instead of releasing multiple physical formats we’ll release the best selling physical format and then release it digitally which has taken over now along with streaming. I don’t think it will end up on streaming services right enough.
  7. My guess is that there won't be a physical release of the Berlin gig, just streaming and a download later, maybe. No physical release except for the fanclub DVD.
  8. Originally posted by Papo:My guess is that there won't be a physical release of the Berlin gig, just streaming and a download later, maybe. No physical release except for the fanclub DVD.
    The cost of filming would’ve been too high not to release it.
  9. If they release it digitally though and combine that with the fan club sales won’t they have made there money?
  10. As I said earlier I think they’ll be releasing it eventually to the public. Blu ray/dvd. Like it said in the post this is a limited edition version meant for subscribers. To do things legally I wish they could have added digital downloads of the audio along with this gift to really make worth the 40 bucks when dvds cost 20-25 bucks brand new. Who knows, maybe they will.
  11. They'd be fools not to release it commercially. They will, latest was that it's up for a March announcement.
  12. Of a regular release the probably sell several million copies. I would not pay for a HD download (release something digitally, it will be pirated within a heartbeat) but most fans want a physical copy for their shelf.

Also I highly doubt that u2com has a higher 7digit number of members.