1. That'd be such an honor! Fan of the Month in the WORLWIDE RELEASE MONTH!

2. Which is why you would be perfect for the job!
  3. My mom bought me the Joshua Tree, Exit was really the tune that hit me
  4. Randomly found ATYCLB at home when I was 11 and heard Beautiful Day.
  5. Hmm... Seems that RUMMY has created a sister topic to this one:

Link here: Why do you like U2?
  6. My U2 Timeline
    01- Heard "Electrical Storm" on the radio, 2007
    02- Watched "Elevation","Beautiful Day", and three more songs on the 2001 DVD and realized "oh! that band!", maybe 2008
    03- Listened to the first six songs on ATYCLB, listened to Numb, CoBl, ABoY, Vertigo, UTEOTW, and Sunday Bloody Sunday and loved them, the drumming on the Elevation version of "Desire" hooked me, I think that's what led me to play drums
    04- Discovered "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "With or Without You"
    05- Discovered "Streets" and "Stay"
    06- watched the surprise gig with Boots, Magnificent, Vertigo and BD, 2010
    07- Bought NLOTH, watched R&H DVD, discovered "Angel of Harlem" and "Bad", 2010
    08- Discovered an amazing website: U2start.com, 2011

still have a soft spot for Electrical Storm
  7. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:My U2 Timeline
    01- Heard "Electrical Storm" on the radio, 2007
    02- Watched "Elevation","Beautiful Day", and three more songs on the 2001 DVD and realized "oh! that band!", maybe 2008
    03- Listened to the first six songs on ATYCLB, listened to Numb, CoBl, ABoY, Vertigo, UTEOTW, and Sunday Bloody Sunday and loved them, the drumming on the Elevation version of "Desire" hooked me, I think that's what led me to play drums
    04- Discovered "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "With or Without You"
    05- Discovered "Streets" and "Stay"
    06- watched the surprise gig with Boots, Magnificent, Vertigo and BD, 2010
    07- Bought NLOTH, watched R&H DVD, discovered "Angel of Harlem" and "Bad", 2010
    08- Discovered an amazing website: U2start.com, 2011

still have a soft spot for Electrical Storm

As a younger fan of U2 (and good for you), which is your favourite era?
  8. The first time I heard U2 was back in 1995 when Hold Me, Thrill Me... was on MTV. I remember it was very creepy for a four year old kid because of those bats and Macphisto's animations. On the same year I saw GoldenEye on the same channel but then I didn't know that it is actually a "U2 song". I even didn't know what is U2.
    The second time was in the end of '90s when I heard I Still Haven't Found... on the radio and I did everything to get that song but I couldn't remember the title (I thought its name is 'Only To Be With You'). So that was my U2 experients for a few years. But then All That You Can't Leave Behind came out and my very close friend lent me his CD. I listened to it but I wasn't blown away. Only Beautiful Day and Elevation stayed in my mind so I gave back him the CD altough I skipped most of the songs after a minute of listening. And so on, again a few years without U2 but then at least I knew that there is a band called U2.
    In 2004 Atomic Bomb came out and I remember I heard Vertigo on the radio which seemed better than their whole previous album at that moment. The second impression was City Of Blinding Lights on the television so I decided to buy their album. I listened to it and that was a way better experiment. I remember I liked Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Love And Peace Or Else, CoBL, and Yahweh, but I listened to One Step Closer again and again more than ten times on that evening. I still remember that a Hungarian television channel aired Elevation Live from Slane Castle just before the European tour started. I started to watch Hungarian internet portals with reviews of the tour and watched videos. Then I found vertigo-tour.com (which later became U2gigs if I'm right) and could get to know many of their songs. Since the year 2006 I started to collect U2 albums and since then I think I'm a U2 fan.
    But in 2009 I disappointed from them (not because of the album but because of the tour) and since then I just can't listen to their song like "in the old days". Maybe if a new album comes with a new era.
  9. One Day I wanted to download new music and I don't know why but U2 popped up in my head.

So I downloaded the first songs that popped up.
    BDay
    With or Without you
    One

A week later I downloaded
    SBS
    and Saint are coming (Live)

I listened to those songs everyday and I asked my mother to buy me a U2 record, she bought U218singles for me. I loved that album and started buying other U2 albums.

U218>HTDAAB>BloodRedSky>RattleNhum>Joshua Tree> Pop > Unforgettable Fire > War> Boy > No Line > Achtung > Wide Awake > ATYCLB > Zooropa> October

Something like that (: I never did research on a album, just made the decision in the record shop Based on cover and track names XD
  10. seems funny that most peoples fav songs are from around the ere thay got into the band.

1984/5, i was 15/16 and heard the 'spangly' ringing echo of pride and i've been hooked ever since. went and got vinyl's of boy,october war and under a blood red sky and almost burnt out the video watching red rocks. myself and my schoolmates got some tickets on a coach trip to see the cardiff arms park joshua tree show followed by the 2 birmingham NEC sows within the same week. i was staggered and moved by the power of their live performance and have been a fan for 26 years now. i have done my duty as i have got 2 of my 3 children into u2 and took them to sheffield and wembley1 2009 and paris 2010. i've prob ruined their future gig experiences tho as no-one will ever match u2 live. there are key moments along the way where certain songs have touched my life, stuck in particular when i got divorced and was struggling to find myself for a while. i have just got more and more hooked as i have got older, indulged more?? who knows. seen the band in dublin, paris,istanbul and mexico city, i have so many highlights to look back on. one of the most special for me was on 4th august 1987, birmngham NEC, feeling the side stand wobble under the jumping in streets. i was terrified but ecstatic all in one.

my last ambition is to see u2 indoors again in a simple show, here's hoping.

greetings from cold and rainy UK.