1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I don't think there is a video recording of the Studio Version of Unchained Melody. Does it exist?? Or do you refer to the Live8?

I believe we were both referring to the Live 8 performance. Someone must have video of that as it was live on TV in, like, a billion countries...
  2. Originally posted by djrlewisI believe we were both referring to the Live 8 performance. Someone must have video of that as it was live on TV in, like, a billion countries...
    Sure. Id love to listen Led Zeppelin and that Message In A Bottle from Sting. They must be outstanding.

PS. Led played in London or in Phily??
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]
    PS. Led played in London or in Phily??

Phily
  4. Originally posted by djrlewisPhily
    Right. Less outstanding, then. Anyway, Stairway and Whole Lotta must be awesome.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Right. Less outstanding, then. Anyway, Stairway and Whole Lotta must be awesome.

Maybe not so much:-

"Zeppelin defend Live Aid opt out

Former Led Zeppelin members have defended their decision not to allow footage of them to appear on the forthcoming Live Aid DVD.
    They faced criticism when it was revealed they refused permission for their performance to be included on the DVD, which will raise money for Sudan.

The members have issued a statement saying the reason was because it had been a "sub-standard" performance.

They have promised to donate money to the charity.

Live Aid founder Bob Geldof is hoping to raise up to £320m with the release of the Live Aid DVD, featuring the host of stars that took part in the event in 1985.

Led Zeppelin's three surviving members - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones - reunited on stage for the US leg of the giant concert in Philadelphia.

They were joined on stage by Phil Collins, replacing the late drummer John Bonham who died in 1980 after a drinking binge.
    The band had disbanded following Bonham's death and their Live Aid appearance sparked speculation they were reforming.

But many fans were disappointed by their lacklustre performance.

A statement from the members said: "Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are in absolute full support of the fundraising project for the people of Sudan.
    "However, Jimmy, Robert and John Paul found that both the sound and general reproduction of their performance at Live Aid Philadelphia was sub-standard.
    "To show their ongoing support Jimmy and Robert have therefore pledged proceeds from their forthcoming Page and Plant DVD release to the campaign.
    "John Paul Jones will be donating the proceeds of his current US tour with Mutual Admiration Society to the project."

Courtesy of the BBC
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis"However, Jimmy, Robert and John Paul found that both the sound and general reproduction of their performance at Live Aid Philadelphia was sub-standard.

Courtesy of the BBC
    Courtesy of Dan Id say.

Thanks mate.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Courtesy of Dan Id say.

Thanks mate.

No probs.

I've had a quick look around and it seems the fan-sites reckon it was ok, not as bad as Page/Plant remember it. Led Zep ok still blows a lot of bands off the chart, so it's a shame.

I never saw the Philly stuff as I got sent to bed after the UK gig finished (I was 8 I think at the time). So I can't comment from any personal experience unfortunately..
  8. Originally posted by djrlewisI've had a quick look around and it seems the fan-sites reckon it was ok, not as bad as Page/Plant remember it. Led Zep ok still blows a lot of bands off the chart, so it's a shame.

I never saw the Philly stuff as I got sent to bed after the UK gig finished (I was 8 I think atthe time). So I can't comment from any personal experience unfortunately..
    What a shame. Anyone knows anything about this cut stuff?? Is it available anywhere??