1. We all heard it before, Bono saying this will be the best album ever and the Edge saying this will be not like anything before. It's funny to read the quotes after the release of the album and I think this is a nice time to say; let's collect them all.

Before the ATYCLB release
    "We're falling in love with the electric guitar again" - The Edge

Before the HTDAAB release
    "It'll be punk rock from Venus" - Unknown

Before the release of the Window In The Skies single
    "It's a song that every generation has to sing, it's the eternal song." - Bono

Before the next album
    "The Edge is really on fire on this record" - Bono
    "There's some trance influences. But there's some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal. It's not like anything we've ever done before, and we don't think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either." - Bono
  2. Ha Ha! Like it. I have no others (not very good at remembering that sort of thing), but I'm sure others will.
  3. very interesting!!!!!!!!
  4. "For me it's the sound of four men chopping down The Joshua Tree" - Bono said it reflecting to 'The Fly', after the radio premiere of the song...he was quite right this time.
  5. "Marvin Gaye meets The Clash". - That's how Bono described A Man and Woman.....
  6. Well...honestly I have to say that The Edge was right about ATYCLB...and what Bono said about Window In The Skies isn't about the music really, it's about what the song is saying which is quite true.
    But, the Venus thing...did he mean the planet? Cause I don't know how the hell punk rock sounds on Venus (maybe it just doesn't "sound" as there is no air?!)
    And Bono was right about chopping the joshua tree down...
    Let's hope the next album is a good one
  7. Originally posted by U2starter"Marvin Gaye meets The Clash". - That's how Bono described A Man and Woman.....

Two of my favorite artists combine to make my least favorite U2 song. I think I just threw up in my mouth.
  8. Originally posted by Ali709
    But, the Venus thing...did he mean the planet? Cause I don't know how the hell punk rock sounds on Venus (maybe it just doesn't "sound" as there is no air?!)

of course planet, Edge has invented a special sound which can you hear also on Venus

9. Originally posted by U2starter[..]

of course planet, Edge has invented a special sound which can you hear also on Venus

lol...I will try that once I'm on venus...