1. Originally posted by drewhiggins
    "Don't leave me here alone..." - asking maybe either both his parents to come back and not leave him in this world.

But he also sometimes sang snippet

"No regrets, no tears goodbye
    I don't want you back
    We'd only cry again..."

2. Originally posted by easports43[..]
    That's one of the most sincere and touching posts I've ever seen on this board. Don't worry about it being out of topic or too long, it's not.

Originally posted by drewhigginsIf that post went on for two pages it'd be worth every second. Beautiful.

Amen
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins
    On the Alternate Vocals version (not the Unreleased and Rare, one of the films) you can hear the pre-recorded vocals in the background and then Bono sings over the top. Listening to that even now, there is so much emotion and it's so very raw. No editing or mastering, just complete rawness.

The video version is like this - he starts a capella and then the music gradually comes in. Fantastic.

I love this song and don't listen to it nearly enough I've decided.
  4. great song indeed, the lyrics is very strong- "A house still doesn’t make a home
    Don’t leave me here alone...". it's one their best songs ever and it was really exciting to watch bono sings this song live while crying.
  5. Johnny, its truly amazing how everyone connects to this song in a different yet same way, especially about their relationship with their fathers.

personally, I think it's one of the better songs on HTDAAB.
    and the live performances are beautiful, very emotional.
  6. Originally posted by easports43[..]

That's one of the most sincere and touching posts I've ever seen on this board. Don't worry about it being out of topic or too long, it's not.

Originally posted by drewhigginsIf that post went on for two pages it'd be worth every second. Beautiful.

Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

[..]

Amen

Originally posted by NoamTGJohnny, its truly amazing how everyone connects to this song in a different yet same way, especially about their relationship with their fathers.

personally, I think it's one of the better songs on HTDAAB.
    and the live performances are beautiful, very emotional.

thanks to all of your comments!!!
    I really love this song.... I really love the "one take" video version of the U218 Dvd that shows Bono, singing and just walking....
    amazing song!!
    and thanks to all!!
    cheers!!
  7. Glad to see most of you folks think it's a great song too. I think Bono had a love/hate relation with his father and this song expresses that feeling perfectly.
  8. Bono made songs for his whole family: SYCMIOYO is for his father, Tomorrow is for his mother, The Sweetest Thing is for Ali and Kite is for his children
  9. the song does nothing with me i prefer kite more than sycmioyo ....
    sorry
    also the live version i skip it always ...it's not my kind of song ....
    only the opera part is great ....
  10. Originally posted by yuri31Bono made songs for his whole family: SYCMIOYO is for his father, Tomorrow is for his mother, The Sweetest Thing is for Ali and Kite is for his children

don't forget I Will Follow for his mother aswell
  11. Originally posted by yuri31Bono made songs for his whole family: SYCMIOYO is for his father, Tomorrow is for his mother, The Sweetest Thing is for Ali and Kite is for his children

and Mofo. Perhaps Bono's most personal song
  12. On the VH1 special "Spotlight with U2" it's said that the lyric "I know we don't talk....but can you hear me when I sing?" is to mean that he doesn't talk to his dad but wonders if he can hear him singing, like shown on the Brooklyn Bridge broadcast - where he hits the big tenor notes.