1. Originally posted by yeah[..]
    I'd rather see him taking the time to rehearse the lyrics instead of using a prompter. I've spent a fortune on these guys. He could at least prepare himself for the shows.

And he wrote the bloody things. I can remember most of the words! And he's sung some of those songs thousands of times, so surely they should stick. Fine, when you dig a song out (like WGRYWH, Party Girl) you expect rustiness. But not for the main setlist.

This was my point exactly. Use it for the speeches, fine. And for 'rarer' songs if needs be. But not for the main setlist. You can do it on the B-stage, so do it on the main stage too.
  2. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Wow Dan, you're triple-quoting me!

The milan thing ...the whole DVD for whatever reason gave me a too-commercial alert! And I don't know...the moves he does in the beginning of Vertigo, don't look good, and lots of the stuff he does later...they look cheap sometimes!

But that's just me being weird!
    I like the guy more since he cut the hair down, he looks much more mature and cool (to me!), seeing this amateur video of Honolulu, I loved that show, he didn't do too many extra unrelated stuff...this, being the last show of Vertigo actually gives me higher hopes for the next album and tour.

Well, the Milan-DVD is a commercial release anyway...Chicago sucked in many ways and I think they wanted to release a better show. The sound quality of Milan is much better, the performance reasonable...and the montage..we'll leave that to germcevoy

I like U2 in the way they are and always have been. When I watch Paris'87 I see a lovely Bono jumping around, full of energy in his late 20's. Zoo TV gave me the proffesional, ironic and refreshing side of U2 and Bono. PopMart was some weird dream which had his moments, Elevation brought me te good-old U2 from the October and TUF years..HTDAAB, well...U2 was back at where they started in 1978. When I look at the performance on Elevation and HTDAAB, the shows have become less spectacular. There's more room for political talk and U2/Bono have become more mature and less adventurous. I'm not worried yet
  3. Originally posted by yeah[..]

I'd rather see him taking the time to rehearse the lyrics instead of using a prompter. I've spent a fortune on these guys. He could at least prepare himself for the shows.

I agree,
    it's just that the result of that will be boring setlists..
  4. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01I'd like to think my band will take there place but we can't even practice without trying to kill each other. Too many members. The first week we practiced we were a four piece, but then we added a horn section so we could do ska, and now we can't agree on anything. The most productive practice was actually just an impromtu practice with just me, our lead guitarist, and his younger bro (our drummer ) in there basement. Less people is better. I sing, write, play harmonica, and occasionally percushion BTW.

relevance to topic
  5. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]

I agree,
    it's just that the result of that will be boring setlists..

Even if there was something like "boring" setlists, that would only affect me if I went to 10 gigs in a row.
    On bootlegs that I get for free I don't care if he reads the lyrics or not.
  6. When U2 gets old, and people stop listening to them another band is going to take there place.
  7. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

relevance to topic

Bono needs the teleprompter because wtshnnfb01 sings in a band.
  8. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01When U2 gets old, and people stop listening to them another band is going to take there place.

A fan will always listen to U2...I would be glad if my coffin had a 5.1 soundsystem with a harddisk full of U2.
  9. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01When U2 gets old, and people stop listening to them another band is going to take there place.

there's no band that can take their place, i hope they will make music till their last day
  10. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

A fan will always listen to U2...I would be glad if my coffin had a 5.1 soundsystem with a harddisk full of U2.

11. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Bono needs the teleprompter because wtshnnfb01 sings in a band.

12. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01I'd like to think my band will take there place but we can't even practice without trying to kill each other. Too many members. The first week we practiced we were a four piece, but then we added a horn section so we could do ska, and now we can't agree on anything. The most productive practice was actually just an impromtu practice with just me, our lead guitarist, and his younger bro (our drummer ) in there basement. Less people is better. I sing, write, play harmonica, and occasionally percushion BTW.