1. Just listened to the new single. It didn't excite me at all, but Frusciante's guitar is recognisable as hell.
  2. Like this single better than when I first heard Dani California.

3. True. You hear it’s John. But the band is playing in Getaway-mode and even Frusciante plays the verses and the solos as carefully as Josh would have done it.
  4. Sorry. Dani California and Dark Necessities are a billion times better than Black Summer. What's up with Anthony's weird affected Irish accent? I hope Black Summer isn't the best track on Ultimate Love. Sigh.
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    Sorry. Dani California and Dark Necessities are a billion times better than Black Summer. What's up with Anthony's weird affected Irish accent? I hope Black Summer isn't the best track on Ultimate Love. Sigh.
    You mean Unlimited Love 👍
  6. For me… better than Dani and Dark but nowhere near BTW or Scar Tissue. I know what you mean about the twang on some of the words.
  7. New album out today. I think Poster Child is great

8. The album isnt....it's like one long jam session with lots of noodling and only a few complete thoughts. Pop is more coherent IMHO.
  9. well, sadly Black Summer is the best song on it…
  10. Exactly! So disappointed by this album and all of the hype with Frusciante back and Josh out. Their B side record I'm Bside You with b sides from I'm With You is much better than Unlimited Love.
  11. I’m loving this album. Very progressive for them. It’s definitely a grower. Way too much to take in in one listen. I think it’s miles better than the last two, and I enjoyed The Getaway.
  12. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m loving this album. Very progressive for them. It’s definitely a grower. Way too much to take in in one listen. I think it’s miles better than the last two, and I enjoyed The Getaway.
    First positive opinion I read about the new album - and I have many many friends who are big RHCP fans. None of them are enjoying it at all