1. I know alot of people are gonna say Nirvan, but I prefer Alice in Chains. Way edgier.
  2. Alice In Chains... Nateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongAlice In Chains... Nateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nirvana and Bush are my 2 favorites.........but I like this one too...........karmastrology.com/spampage.shtml
  4. Yeah, I prefer Alice In Chains over Nirvana.
  5. I have to choose ALICE over NIRVANA. Nirvana were great but yeah... but I think that SOUNDGARDEN was even heavier and grungier than ALICE...

Come on, even their guitar player (Kim Thayil) looked like the guy on the zig zag marijuana wrapper package! Am I right?

=O)
  6. Soundgarden no question.
  7. pearl jam all the way
  8. Pearl Jam.
    For a lot of people is the graven image Nirvana, but I donť agree with this... That's not about their music, that's only about Curt Cobain and his psychical problems. Heroin, Ganja ... For me Curt was never some kind of " artist " ...
  9. yea kurt cobain was awsome but there is none better then eddie vedder he is the greatest
  10. Originally posted by VasultPearl Jam.
    For a lot of people is the graven image Nirvana, but I donť agree with this... That's not about their music, that's only about Curt Cobain and his psychical problems. Heroin, Ganja ... For me Curt was never some kind of " artist " ...

Huh? If he made music he was an artist right? what does his personal problems have to do with his work?

11. Pearl Jam, definetely!

I saw them this year on the Werchter festival...WOW!!!
  12. Pearl Jam for me.

I absolutely love both Nirvana and Pearl Jam, though. I don't ever think it's fair to discredit the work, value, and contribution of any one artist just because:
    1) ONE EXTREME VIEW: one of them got all the mainstream historical credit (i.e., The Beatles as opposed to U2, Nirvana as opposed to PJ) so the rest "don't matter."
    2) THE OPPOSITE: the ones that got all the credit are "overrated" so they're worthless...

As for Nirvana, I personally think "MTV Unplugged in New York" is incredibly beautiful, especially "About a Girl" and the downer songs like "Polly" and "On a Plain."

But Pearl Jam has more personal significance for me: Ten, Vs. (!!!!!!!!!!!!), and other incredible songs like Corduroy, Wishlist, Off He Goes, Given to Fly.

...Plus, Pearl Jam (like U2, perhaps even more so due to their avoidance of mainstream popularity) has a die-hard fan base that would KILL for them, and I always respect artists who have that relationship with their fans. And I respect their longevity (just like U2's).