1. Originally posted by tuiAHHH that is so awesome!!! you are going to try and go arent you? lol.. i would probably kick you if you didnt
    Yes yes. I am SURELY seeing at least one, maybe two (Bilbao and Madrid) and if Im very lucky I will see the three shows! (Don't think so, this year I've already spent about 150 euros - 200 dollars - in concerts, so I don't think Im going to three. Anyway I can dream ).
  2. BUMP!!!

So my first music obsession was The Police. When I heard "Don't Stand So Close To Me" I went out and bought (or copied) everything else they'd done. I listened to The Police non-stop for years and, since they'd just broken up, swore up and down that I'd give any number of semi-vital body parts to see those three play together live.

So when they announced the tour I almost peed my pants! And I was on the computer at 9:59 the morning of the pre-sale. Got super expensive, pretty good tix for me and hubby. When they came on stage I almost couldn't belive what was happening. I was seeing THE POLICE - after waiting 23 years!!!!!! The show was really cool but I missed the hyper-fast and somewhat angry energy that i'd heard and seen on bootlegs and other live footage.

But as soon as I came back from the show, I knew I had to go again, so I got tix for Dodger Stadium (missed the Foo Fighters, that's a WHOLE other story that still gets me angry to this day). The 2nd time around I was able to just enjoy it for what it was and not "miss" anything or feel like anything was lacking. Again I had paid through the nose for great seats and I was screaming and dancing like a 13-year-old the entire night!! I still listen to the bootleg almost once a week (it's been almost a year).

So when my friend asked if I wanted to sit with them on the lawn next month on the third (?) leg of the tour, I thought what the hell. This is never ever going to happen again. And for $40 I'll take that.

So the day my summer break starts I'm going to sit on the lawn, have a few margaritas and see the band that made me love music.

That's my story, sorry it was so long...
  3. What seats did you have? Or where were you in there?
  4. Originally posted by zooeyBUMP!!!

So my first music obsession was The Police. When I heard "Don't Stand So Close To Me" I went out and bought (or copied) everything else they'd done. I listened to The Police non-stop for years and, since they'd just broken up, swore up and down that I'd give any number of semi-vital body parts to see those three play together live.

So when they announced the tour I almost peed my pants! And I was on the computer at 9:59 the morning of the pre-sale. Got super expensive, pretty good tix for me and hubby. When they came on stage I almost couldn't belive what was happening. I was seeing THE POLICE - after waiting 23 years!!!!!! The show was really cool but I missed the hyper-fast and somewhat angry energy that i'd heard and seen on bootlegs and other live footage.

But as soon as I came back from the show, I knew I had to go again, so I got tix for Dodger Stadium (missed the Foo Fighters, that's a WHOLE other story that still gets me angry to this day). The 2nd time around I was able to just enjoy it for what it was and not "miss" anything or feel like anything was lacking. Again I had paid through the nose for great seats and I was screaming and dancing like a 13-year-old the entire night!! I still listen to the bootleg almost once a week (it's been almost a year).

So when my friend asked if I wanted to sit with them on the lawn next month on the third (?) leg of the tour, I thought what the hell. This is never ever going to happen again. And for $40 I'll take that.

So the day my summer break starts I'm going to sit on the lawn, have a few margaritas and see the band that made me love music.

That's my story, sorry it was so long...

Nice story,and nice memories.Me too.When I first heard "Message In A Bottle" it woke me up musicaly.First album I bought though was The Specials by The Specials in 1979 started to become aware of my own musical tastes even at the age of 11.Got "Regatta De Blanc" and basically beacame obsessed with it.I often play the title track over the PA in work when it's my turn to pick the tunes.I posted this somewhere else on the forums but my story is that I was in the Fan Club for many a year,had the opportunity for tickets to see 'em at Gateshead in 1982.I was 14,the old man said I was too young so I couldn't go.14 in todays money is really middle aged Anyway in 1983,I asked my Uncle if he fancied going to see 'em in Birmingham at the back end of the Synchronicity Tour.He thought the tickets were too expensive.What price you ask ? £10 GBP,yep that's all,and I don't think even then that was too much.So when I go in June,I'm going with a different Uncle,the other one was binned,and I'm paying £72 GBP this time.

I think it's possibly a "Tick The Box" moment in your life to do things that you deem really important before you shuffle of this mortal coil.In November 2007,I did one of those.I saw The Sex Pistols in MEN Manchester,now you wanna see 40,50,60 year old punks screaming like 13 year olds...........

Oh yeah,and one of the support acts that day at Gateshead ? You're right,an Irish 4 piece folk group by the name of U2 !! Don't think they ever got anywhere,not with a lead singer that climbs up scaffolding and waves a white flag..............
  5. hey very nice storys!! you guys!!
    I'm much younger, so when I heard POLICE they had already splitted...
    and I had the amazing chance to attend their gig here in Buenos Aires!!
    It was really amazing!! I cried like a baby, for I remembered that when I was 12, me and my friends listened a LOT to his Mom's Best of cd.... back in 94' or something...
  6. Never really got into the Police....I suppose I could start now, huh?
  7. Originally posted by haytrainNever really got into the Police....I suppose I could start now, huh?

They are good. It was my case too, until recently...not that I became a big fan, but I like their stuff now. Very reggae influenced, sometimes way too much I think, but they are nice overall.
  8. Originally posted by haytrainNever really got into the Police....I suppose I could start now, huh?

Yep yep you should. very very good band
  9. Originally posted by thechicken[..]

They are good. It was my case too, until recently...not that I became a big fan, but I like their stuff now. Very reggae influenced, sometimes way too much I think, but they are nice overall.

They are quite reggae influenced, but they do it well.
  10. Originally posted by tui[..]

Love the avatar.
  11. Originally posted by tui[..]

Yeah, I just don't dig the "yo yo yos"
  12. Originally posted by easports43[..]
    Love the avatar.

Thanks Nate!

Originally posted by thechicken[..]

Yeah, I just don't dig the "yo yo yos"

lol fair enough, you win some you lose some right?..
    It's what makes them unique though!