1. xD
    Alright, it's no "new live anthem", but I'm sure: if they play it tomorrow, the stadium explodes!
    By the way, where is this rehearsal? I think I saw it posted in a blog, but I didn't download it...Is it worth hearing?
    Cheers!
  2. Yeah it's part of the Hersey rehearsals, it was played before Zoo Station. Acoustic by the way.
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

With some side-notes from me:
    * Is That All - The intro riff is played as "The Cry" at the beginning of many Electric Co. performances.
    * Drowning Man was snippeted often (during 11 O'Clock Tick Tock)
    * 4th of July was played over the PA as an intro to many Unforgettable Fire concerts.
    * Heartland was snippeted.
    * Electrical Storm is the only U2 single that has never been played live, all other singles are played live including the latest, WITS.

I think it's also to be mentioned that Zooropa's The Wanderer has only been played once, and off tour, in the Jonnhy Cash tribute, so has never been part of a setlist. And that So cruel was sung partially, almost snippeted, never with the full band. In the Hershey tapes there's a electric version of it and sounds pretty cool. And they try hard on Acrobat... I guess the reason for leavin'em out had something to do with the screens. U2 had to sync their playing to the video, so if they had intended a new addition, they would have to re-arrange the whole set of videos (computer-thrown), the lights and the synch. Zoo tv was less flexible than Lovetown in that sense.
  4. stranger in a strange land - 1984/10/28 Vorst National - Brussels, Belgium (snippet during electric co)
  5. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

I think it's also to be mentioned that Zooropa's The Wanderer has only been played once, and off tour, in the Jonnhy Cash tribute, so has never been part of a setlist. And that So cruel was sung partially, almost snippeted, never with the full band. In the Hershey tapes there's a electric version of it and sounds pretty cool. And they try hard on Acrobat... I guess the reason for leavin'em out had something to do with the screens. U2 had to sync their playing to the video, so if they had intended a new addition, they would have to re-arrange the whole set of videos (computer-thrown), the lights and the synch. Zoo tv was less flexible than Lovetown in that sense.

The last reason you throw up doesn't make senses, songs like So Cruel, I Will Follow and Zooropa did debut live despite video sync.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

The last reason you throw up doesn't make senses, songs like So Cruel, I Will Follow and Zooropa did debut live despite video sync.

Yeah, they were sent to the beginning of acoustic set (So cruel, I will follow) and the last two songs you mention were not incorporated to the tour, but rather played for the ocassion of being in Wembley. That's pretty clear for me that by that time they were already discarted (very possibly due to the video theory) as part of the regular rotation and considered as little gifts for special shows. Another hint to make my point is that those three songs debuted very late on the tours and were never called back. And, by the way, throwin' up is not exactly what I'm doin'.
  7. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

Yeah, they were sent to the beginning of acoustic set (So cruel, I will follow) and the last two songs you mention were not incorporated to the tour, but rather played for the ocassion of being in Wembley. That's pretty clear for me that by that time they were already discarted (very possibly due to the video theory) as part of the regular rotation and considered as little gifts for special shows. Another hint to make my point is that those three songs debuted very late on the tours and were never called back. And, by the way, throwin' up is not exactly what I'm doin'.

Correct, wrong use of words, mixed them up a little bit with the Dutch
    I don't think the reason of not playing Acrobat has anything to do with the stage or videos, if they wanted, they could do it, ZooTV was a rehearsed show most of the time, much more than on any other tour. A lot of other songs also debuted during the first leg, Dancing Queen, Slow Dancing, Van Diemen's Land, Dirty Old Town or even Stand By Me. They could use any video images during those songs.

But however you're right about the setlist variety, ZooTV was one of the most static tours ever in terms of songs played and song orders. Only Popmart was more boring in my opinion, though Popmart had the different Edge karaokes and Discotheque snippets every night. ZooTV was more changing in other things than songs like video images, belly dancers and other side-stuff.
  8. No problem, man. It's very good dutch.
    Now, I've thinking what you say and it's very logical. I guess only the band knows the true reasons for playing that strange Zoo --- you know, there are other things I can't explain about that tour, for instance the fact that they left out Who's gonna ride your wild horses just when it became a single, and played it all the way before it did...
  9. Originally posted by redguitaronfireNo problem, man. It's very good dutch.
    Now, I've thinking what you say and it's very logical. I guess only the band knows the true reasons for playing that strange Zoo --- you know, there are other things I can't explain about that tour, for instance the fact that they left out Who's gonna ride your wild horses just when it became a single, and played it all the way before it did...

It was a weird tour in terms of setlists, but hey, the songs were great, that's what counts in the end
  10. I really love heartland and Electrical Storm! It would be so great if they would play those songs in the future! Perhaps there last concert closing with songs they have never played live before But for Electrical Storm, the vertigo tour rehearsal of Belgium has guitar riffs of Electrical Storm
  11. Heartland, what an amazing song . . .