1. The Joshua Tree , the greatest rock album of the 20th century, and is my all time favourite rock album.
  2. all albums are VERY GOOD but the best is Achtung Baby
  3. Hey guys! You are making me strongly wanting to buy Achtung Baby! I have not already bought it, so my favourite album is doubtless The Joshua Tree! The second one is HTDAAB.
    I will post another reply when I buy Achtung Baby...
  4. 80-90 The Joshua Tree
    90-00 Achtung Baby
    00-10 All That You Can´t Leave Behind
    and of these three:
    Achtung Baby
  5. Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby

They're both so different... one day I prefer JT, the other day AB. Number three is definitely HTDAAB.

Alex
  6. Also for me Achtung Baby

Boy comes second because I could relate to it the most when I became a fan at age 15/16.

JT has never been one of my favorites, but I do think it's their second best album after AB, only not for me...
  7. Achtung Baby....The Unforgettable Fire and the Joshua tree are great too but can not reach the level of Achtung Baby
  8. It's Achtung Baby for me as a favourite, i love it. It's their best album and it's my favourite album of all time.

I'm also very attatched to Boy, and i think anybody else who became a fan around 14-17 understands why.

Zooropa just as much, i'm very much attatched to it, it has some sheen about it i jsut can't quite put my finger on, a certain magic.

I think the Joshua tree is second best album, but its still growing on me, plus streets is my favorite song.
  9. Achtung Baby!
  10. Does anybody else feel that The Joshua Tree is not nearly as strong, maybe more musically than lyrically, during the second half of the record, following Running To Stand Still. If you think not, can we not agree on the fact that Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For, With or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky, and Running To Stand Stilll, are far better tracks that what lies on the second half of the album? I don't konw. These are just my thoughts. I've always thought Joshua Tree to be an absolutely stunning album, but I've always felt when it is compared to Achtung Baby that there is really not match. Let me know your thoughts.
  11. Originally posted by sdking91Does anybody else feel that The Joshua Tree is not nearly as strong, maybe more musically than lyrically, during the second half of the record, following Running To Stand Still. If you think not, can we not agree on the fact that Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For, With or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky, and Running To Stand Stilll, are far better tracks that what lies on the second half of the album? I don't konw. These are just my thoughts. I've always thought Joshua Tree to be an absolutely stunning album, but I've always felt when it is compared to Achtung Baby that there is really not match. Let me know your thoughts.

I think you're right. The joshua tree's first part is really stunning, but the second part is not really great(except for Exit and One tree hill). Achtung Baby's second part is as great as the first half or maybe even better ...
  12. I'm not saying that Joshua Tree is a bad record, because it certainly isn't, but I do think that the second half of the album really lags. For instance, line up Achtung Baby! with Joshua Tree song by song:

Streets..............................Zoo Station
    Still Haven't Found............Even Better
    With Or Without You.........One
    Bullet.................................Until The End
    Running............................Horses

I would say taht is a pretty darn even set of songs. Joshua Tree might be slightly stronger, but that is certainly up for debate. Essentially though, in my mind, it doesn't matter because of the second half.... look.

Red Hill.............................So Cruel
    God's Country..................The Fly
    Trip...................................Mysterious Ways
    One Tree Hill....................Tryin to Throw
    Exit...................................Ultra Violet
    Mothers...........................Acrobat
    ...........................Love Is Blindness

Come on now. I've heard arguments for one tree hill and exit being fan favorites, and I will grant that. It is a more than fair argument. But seriously. So Cruel might be one of Bono's best vocal performances, and lyrically it is stellar. The Fly is one of U2's top five best rock songs. Mysterious Ways is the Edge at his finest. Trying to Throw has some incredible writing in it, yet is so simple. Ultra Violet is a roller coaster of brilliant song writing. And as for Acrobat and Love is Blindness... do I really need to even argue that point? Those are easily two of U2's best songs... period.

I don't know if this is a little extreme or not. I"m not trying to make enemies here... I know how many people love Joshua Tree. Just thought it would be interesting to see some responses. Let the games begin.