1. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Cool, Everything You See is almost in... I'll let you know my opinions!

Awesome stuff, really hope you like it

For anyone who can't be arsed to download just yet, I've found a profile on Myspace that my friend set up with a pretty decent mix of their stuff ranging from old to new - www.myspace.com/runrigtribute

Engine Room has to be one of my all time favourites, another beastly instrumental arrangement...
  2. Originally posted by MWSAHAre there also any songs whit the Scottish Bagpipe?

lol they use all kinds of stuff, pipes are one of them, although I don't think they use your genuine Scottish pipes, but Uilean pipes which are almost the same except you don't breath into them as such lol.
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

lol they use all kinds of stuff, pipes are one of them, although I don't think they use your genuine Scottish pipes, but Uilean pipes which are almost the same except you don't breath into them as such lol.

Allright, thanks mate! Always in for new music..
  4. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Allright, thanks mate! Always in for new music..

Good man, no problem, definitely the attitude to have I think
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy I've seen them 4 or 5 times now on various tours in the last 5 years or so, always brilliant I think...

If you can get up to Edinburgh on 26th july they're playing at Edinburgh castle. Should be a great night ..before, during and after the gig. The last gig they played there was awesome.

6. Originally posted by Dougiel[..]

If you can get up to Edinburgh on 26th july they're playing at Edinburgh castle. Should be a great night ..before, during and after the gig. The last gig they played there was awesome.

[YouTube Video]

Argh, I couldn't make that, but I went to Drumnadrochit last year to see them at Beat The Drum, that was awesome - also seen them twice at Cambridge, once in Ipswich and the UEA in Norwich - don't really get a chance to get up to the gigs in Scotland, but Beat The Drum was the exception to the rule thus far. You seen 'em more than a few times I guess?
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Argh, I couldn't make that, but I went to Drumnadrochit last year to see them at Beat The Drum, that was awesome - also seen them twice at Cambridge, once in Ipswich and the UEA in Norwich - don't really get a chance to get up to the gigs in Scotland, but Beat The Drum was the exception to the rule thus far. You seen 'em more than a few times I guess?

I'll miss it as well as I'm working that night. Desperately trying to swap shifts so I can go.
    Yup, I've seen them a few times in all types of venues, anything from a crowd of about 500 right up to the 40,000 at Loch Lomond. Never disappointed. I thought they were finished when Donnie Munro and Pete Wishart left but they've come back strongly and are producing some pretty good stuff nowadays.
  8. Originally posted by Dougiel[..]

I'll miss it as well as I'm working that night. Desperately trying to swap shifts so I can go.
    Yup, I've seen them a few times in all types of venues, anything from a crowd of about 500 right up to the 40,000 at Loch Lomond. Never disappointed. I thought they were finished when Donnie Munro and Pete Wishart left but they've come back strongly and are producing some pretty good stuff nowadays.

Yeah, I really got into them around '97? Dad got hold of one of the compilation albums which we've since lost lol, but it was just after Donny had left anyway. The first stuff with Bruce we got hold of was Stamping Ground in 2001, and I can definitely appreciate the feelings people had about how the band would cope, having just got accustomed myself to stuff like Searchlight, Amazing Things (favourite album), and then be presented with Stamping Ground and In Search Of Angels, which we got hold of around the same time as SG, but I think they've made the change really well and kept that distinct feel whilst moving on with the times. Cracking stuff. I have to say though, I think the gig at the UEA in Norwich was probably the best performance I've seen by them, although yeah, Beat The Drum was special
  9. Try ACDC "Long way to the top" if you want the Scottish bagpipes!!! :-)
  10. Listened to them today and yes, they're good, but I need a little time to get used to it and to let the songs sink. It's promising though!
  11. Originally posted by MWSAHListened to them today and yes, they're good, but I need a little time to get used to it and to let the songs sink. It's promising though!

I found that, if you're not familiar with some of the more Gaelic influenced stuff, I found it takes a bit of time to get to that stage, but glad you're giving them a go !
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

I found that, if you're not familiar with some of the more Gaelic influenced stuff, I found it takes a bit of time to get to that stage, but glad you're giving them a go !

Still need to listen to the other albums, the ones you mentioned, so I suppose I haven't heard their best music yet.