1. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Drums are a easy instrument.

Ignorance is bliss.
  2. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX[..]

that would be AWESOME!!!

indeed, it's about time
  3. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

As far as we know, this could mean he was playing maracas or a shaker or something. I personally doubt that he played the drum set.

Yes, that's very audible in the acoustic version on the ABOY single.
  4. Originally posted by gerryhickeyThe HTDAAB booklet lists edge as percussionist on "a man and a woman" . Anyone know anything else about this .

Could be something like a tambourine or shaker etc., although I remember reading about Larry being irritated during recording for October(album that is - ?) when Edge came up with a better TomTom part that himself, so it's not unheard of for the great man to do something like beat the skins etc...

And drums are easy in that you're just hitting something, but the thing is a) playing more than one at once and b) being good at it! I'm a dab hand with a bhodran or the bongo, but put a proper set in front of me and I'm out of here lol!

PS - just noticed Jeremy beating me to that point, my bad lol
  5. Any audio from any of those photos? Or any other examples of the band switching it up other than the obvious examples (40, Dirty Old Town with Larry, Popmart karaoke, Stand By Me by Edge in 1992)
  6. Originally posted by Release3:Any audio from any of those photos? Or any other examples of the band switching it up other than the obvious examples (40, Dirty Old Town with Larry, Popmart karaoke, Stand By Me by Edge in 1992)
    Definitely audio of The Edge on drums:

1:33
  7. Originally posted by Release3:Any audio from any of those photos? Or any other examples of the band switching it up other than the obvious examples (40, Dirty Old Town with Larry, Popmart karaoke, Stand By Me by Edge in 1992)
    There's a time they played Stand By Me on Lovetown in Australia and Larry sings the last verse while Bono attempts to play the drums and makes a right arse of it
  8. In my opinion, U2 needs a song with all the guys changing instruments.
    * Edge on vocals
    * Adam on guitar
    * Larry on the bass
    * Bono on the drums.